We can cook Manhattan Clam Chowder using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook Manhattan Clam Chowder.
Ingredients of Manhattan Clam Chowder
- Prepare 3.5 of lbs. of large clean clams.
- You need to prepare 1/3 lb. of bacon (cut into small cubes).
- You need to prepare 4 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain.
- Prepare 1 of chopped onion.
- You need to prepare 2 stalks of chopped celery.
- Prepare 1 lb. of potatoes (2 medium sized potatoes) cut into 2 cm cubes.
- Prepare 1 of leek (sliced).
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- You need to prepare 34 oz. (1 liter) of fish stock.
- Prepare 16 oz. of chopped canned tomatoes.
- You need to prepare 2 tablespoons of parsley.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
Manhattan Clam Chowder instructions
- To clean the clams, first discard any that are open or broken. Put them into a bowl with cold water and add some salt. Leave them for about 30 minutes to an hour. Then, remove the clams with your hands and put them into a clean pot..
- Heat the Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain (about 2 tablespoons) in a shallow pan and sauté the onion and celery for 5 minutes. Next, add the bacon and cook for 3 minutes..
- Pour the stock into the pan and add the potato, leek, tomato and bay leaf. Stir and cover. Cook for 15 minutes, season with salt and pepper. Remove from the heat..
- In another pan, without water, cook the clams for 5 minutes until they open. Remove them and separate them from their shells, keeping some aside in their shells for serving..
- Lastly, add the clams to the soup and serve in individual bowls with some of the clams in their shells. Add a splash of Picual Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain which will lend it some sharp, peppery nuances. Finish with a sprinkle of chopped parsley on top..
- TIP: if you’re serving the dish on a slate, you can use the Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain to give it a bit of luster. Dampen a napkin with some olive oil and rub it over the slate to give it the shine you want..
Yummy of Manhattan Clam Chowder
Many people consume Manhattan Clam Chowder as a day meal or main food.
#How To Cook Manhattan Clam Chowder, #Cooking Manhattan Clam Chowder, #Simple Recipe Manhattan Clam Chowder, #Simple direction Manhattan Clam Chowder, #Homemade Manhattan Clam Chowder, #Step by step cooking Manhattan Clam Chowder, #Delicous Manhattan Clam Chowder, #How To Make Manhattan Clam Chowder, #Food Manhattan Clam Chowder