For the creamy tarragon sauce, deglaze the pan used for cooking the chicken with the wine. Season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Poached chicken with lemon in a deliciously creamy tarragon sauce - serve simply with rice or potatoes. You can cook Creamy tarragon lemon chicken by using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook Creamy tarragon lemon chicken.
Ingredients of Creamy tarragon lemon chicken
- Prepare 4 of chicken breast halves, boneless and skinless.
- Prepare 1 of large shallot, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1 cup of dry white wine.
- Prepare 2 cups of chicken stock.
- You need to prepare 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- You need to prepare 2 tbsp of fresh tarragon, chopped.
- Prepare of Zest of 1/2 lemon.
Return the liquor to the boil, then turn heat down. A touch of lemon-tarragon cream elevates simply sauteed chicken breasts. Serve accompanied by whole-wheat egg noodles, rice pilaf or parslied boiled new potatoes. Be the first to rate & review!
Creamy tarragon lemon chicken directions
- Season the chicken breasts well with salt, then keep them uncovered in the fridge for 2 hours. Pull them out 30 minutes before cooking and pat them dry..
- Add a splash of olive oil to a large pan on medium-high heat. Sear the chicken for 10 minutes per side until browned. Remove the chicken to a plate..
- Add the shallot and garlic to the pan and fry for 2 minutes. Pour in the wine and let simmer for about 5 minutes, until only a few tbsp of liquid remains. Add the chicken stock, heavy cream, and half of the tarragon. Drop the heat to medium, and return the chicken, and any juices, to the pan. Add a few grinds of white pepper. Let simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, flipping the chicken occasionally, until the thickest part of the breast reads 165 F, and the sauce has reduced by about half..
- Sprinkle in the lemon zest and remaining tarragon. Check the seasoning, and add extra salt and pepper as needed. Serve immediately..
Place chicken between two sheets of parchment or wax paper, and use a meat mallet or a heavy pan to Strawberry Arugula Salad with Chicken, Goat Cheese, Almonds, and Creamy Strawberry Lemon. If tarragon isn't available, substitute another fresh herb, such as parsley or savory. This baked chicken starts with a flavorful herb butter stuffed under the skin, and finishes with a quick sauce made by deglazing the pan drippings with chicken stock. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm. This Creamy Lemon Chicken Is An In Instant Classic.
Yummy of Creamy tarragon lemon chicken
Many people consume Creamy tarragon lemon chicken as a morning meal or main food.
#How To Cook Creamy tarragon lemon chicken, #Cooking Creamy tarragon lemon chicken, #Simple Recipe Creamy tarragon lemon chicken, #Simple direction Creamy tarragon lemon chicken, #Homemade Creamy tarragon lemon chicken, #Step by step cooking Creamy tarragon lemon chicken, #Delicous Creamy tarragon lemon chicken, #How To Make Creamy tarragon lemon chicken, #Food Creamy tarragon lemon chicken