This is my grandma's traditional cabbage roll recipe, but of course veganized! Delicious and satisfying vegan cabbage rolls filled with amaranth, sweet potatoes and lots of spices and seeds. Vegan cabbage rolls stuffed with vegan sausage, rice and spices and simmered in tomato sauce will melt in your mouth and you won't miss the animal protein. You can cook Vegan cabbage rolls by using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook Vegan cabbage rolls.
Ingredients of Vegan cabbage rolls
- You need to prepare 250 g of dry sushi rice.
- Prepare 1 of cabbage.
- You need to prepare 3/4 tbsp of ginger.
- You need to prepare 3 of garlic gloves.
- You need to prepare 1 of carrot.
- Prepare 2 of peppers.
- Prepare 8 of mushrooms.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of tamari.
- Prepare of Salt, pepper.
- You need to prepare of Sauce.
- You need to prepare 1 tsp of oil.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of ginger.
- You need to prepare 2 of garlic cloves.
- You need to prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of tamari.
- You need to prepare 1 tbsp of rice vinegar.
- You need to prepare 3/4 tbsp of honing.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of cornstarch.
Cabbage rolls are one of my favorite comfort meals, however they are not quick. That's why I love You can use any vegan ground you like, though. These vegan stuffed cabbage rolls are stuffed with a flavorful mixture of sauerkraut, wild rice, veggies, and smothered with a layer of marinara sauce. These wonderful vegetarian cabbage rolls are stuffed with a spicy vegetable and rice mixture.
Vegan cabbage rolls instructions
- Cook the rice Soak the sushi rice in a bowl with plenty of water for about 45-60 minutes, then drain. Cook it with the mentioned amount of water and some salt in a saucepan until tender, about 10-12 minutes..
- Cook the veggies Meanwhile, chop the veggies and prep the cabbage leaves. Bring a large pot with water to a boil, then add in 3-4 of the cabbage leaves and cook them for 2-3 minutes until softened. Place the cooked leaves into a bowl with cold water. Do this with the remaining leaves.
- Heat 1/2 tbsp oil in a skillet, add the onion, ginger, garlic, carrot, peppers, and mushrooms. Sauté for 3-4 minutes, then add tamari, and all spices. Cook for a further 1-2 minutes..
- Assemble Once the rice is cooked, add it to the skillet and stir to combine. Turn off the heat and taste the mixture. Add more seasonings if needed. Place a cabbage leaf on a plate and put about 1 1/2 - 2 tablespoons of the rice mixture in the middle. Fold in the sides and the top over the filling and roll it up. Place it on a plate. Do this with the remaining leaves.
- Pan sear the rolls Heat 1/2 tbsp of oil in a skillet, and once hot add 5 of the cabbage rolls. Pan sear for a few minutes from both sides. The rolls should be golden brown. Make the sauce Heat oil in a saucepan, then add ginger, garlic, tamari, rice vinegar, maple syrup. Let it cook for about 1-2 minutes. Mix the water with cornstarch to make a slurry and pour it into the skillet. Add the spices and cook the sauce for a few more minutes until thickened. Serve.
Reviews for: Photos of Vegetarian Cabbage Rolls. Cabbage rolls - European dish, made with cabbage leaves and stuffed with rice and soy mince (speaking of vegans). This recipe is suitable for you even if you're not a big fan of cabbage. From Vegan Vittles by Joanne Stepaniak. This is a tasty, simple and hearty dish.
Yummy of Vegan cabbage rolls
Many people consume Vegan cabbage rolls as a day meal or main food.
#How To Cook Vegan cabbage rolls, #Cooking Vegan cabbage rolls, #Simple Recipe Vegan cabbage rolls, #Simple direction Vegan cabbage rolls, #Homemade Vegan cabbage rolls, #Step by step cooking Vegan cabbage rolls, #Delicous Vegan cabbage rolls, #How To Make Vegan cabbage rolls, #Food Vegan cabbage rolls