Hamburger Helper is one of those nostalgic meals that the whole family loves. But the boxed version you grew up eating is full of preservatives and added chemicals. Variations on this Homemade Hamburger Helper: If your family isn't into red pepper or spinach, feel free to swap out the veggies for others your family enjoys, like mushrooms, shredded carrots, zucchini. We can cook Homemade Hamburger Helper using 8 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you cook Homemade Hamburger Helper.
Ingredients of Homemade Hamburger Helper
- You need to prepare 1 lb of ground beef, browned and drained.
- You need to prepare 1/2 bottle of or 8oz Ragu double cheddar sauce.
- You need to prepare 1 jar of milk and water, half milk and half water, use the ragu jar,plus a little more if needed.
- You need to prepare 2 of beef bullion cubes.
- Prepare 1/2 lb of macaroni or noodles, uncooked.
- You need to prepare 1/4 cup of sour cream.
- You need to prepare 2 cups of shredded American cheese, I go to the deli at the grocery store and ask if the have an end piece and if not I buy an unsliced chunk and shred as needed.
- You need to prepare of Salt, pepper, onion and garlic powders.
These days, we make Homemade Hamburger Helper and my kiddos call it Cheeseburger Pasta! It's so creamy, packed with flavor and filled with cheese pasta and bites of ground beef. Homemade Hamburger Helper is one of the most popular recipes on Farmgirl Gourmet! There's a good reason…it tastes better than the boxed stuff and it's so incredibly easy!!
Homemade Hamburger Helper instructions
- Brown and drain ground beef. Season. Add ragu and milk and water, bullion cubes, and noodles or macaroni. Simmer on med low covered until macaroni is tender. Stir occasionally and add more liquid if necessary. Add sour cream and cheese and melt in. Season more if needed..
You can make your Homemade Hamburger Helper in advance by pre-measuring the pasta. Snack-size baggies are perfect for the sauce mix. This homemade hamburger helper is a lunch and dinner staple in my house! Sometimes, though, the youngest gets up the nerve to ask me for food that comes from a box. See more ideas about hamburger helper, homemade hamburgers, homemade hamburger helper.
Yummy of Homemade Hamburger Helper
Many people consume Homemade Hamburger Helper as a morning meal or main food.
#How To Cook Homemade Hamburger Helper, #Cooking Homemade Hamburger Helper, #Simple Recipe Homemade Hamburger Helper, #Simple direction Homemade Hamburger Helper, #Homemade Homemade Hamburger Helper, #Step by step cooking Homemade Hamburger Helper, #Delicous Homemade Hamburger Helper, #How To Make Homemade Hamburger Helper, #Food Homemade Hamburger Helper