This version of the traditional shepherd's pie recipe features a creative twist - we spoon mashed cooked cauliflower over a savoury beef filling instead of mashed potatoes. Vegetarian Shepherd's Pie with mushrooms, carrots, peas, gravy and baked under creamy mashed potatoes. ♡ Plant based! Shepherd's Pie season is upon us and this super cozy vegetarian version is running around on the loose in our house. We can cook Veggie Packed Shepard's Pie using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook Veggie Packed Shepard's Pie.
Ingredients of Veggie Packed Shepard's Pie
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped carrots.
- You need to prepare 1 cup of chopped celery.
- Prepare 1 of small onion, chopped.
- You need to prepare 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need to prepare 1 lb. of hamburger.
- Prepare of Seasonings as desired: pepper, parsley, Mrs. Dash Onion & Herb.
- You need to prepare 2 Tbsp. of tomato paste.
- Prepare 1 cup of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 cup of fresh spinach.
- Prepare 6-8 of small red potatoes, cubed.
- You need to prepare 1/2 cup of to 1 cup milk.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp. of butter.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp. of Mrs. Dash Onion & Herb seasoning.
And did you hear me when I said veg only? The secret to this shepherd's pie's filling is to choose big carrots so they don't lose their texture when cooked, from BBC Good Food. Filling and comforting vegan shepherd's pie made with a delicious veggie-packed veggie mince and creamy mashed potatoes. Cottage pie and shepherd's pie are basically the same thing when it comes to vegan fare, but traditionally a cottage pie is based on beef and shepherd's pie is based on.
Veggie Packed Shepard's Pie directions
- In a large pot, saute carrots, celery and onions in a little bit of olive oil until softened; about 5 minutes..
- Add in hamburger & garlic and cook until meat is browned..
- Add in fresh spinach, broth, tomato paste and seasonings of choice..
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium low and simmer about 10 minutes or until most of the moisture has been absorbed..
- Meanwhile, boil potatoes in a separate pot until fork tender..
- Drain off water and return to pot. Add milk, butter and Mrs. Dash and mash..
- Grease a 9x13 baking dish and place meat mixture evenly in the bottom..
- Top with mashed potatoes..
- Bake at 375 for 25 to 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly..
Mmm.), and this healthy, veggie and lentil packed shepherd's pie! While I love comfort food, I'm not looking for something too heavy or filling. You can experiment with different veggies but this combination is reeeally good. Mushrooms and lentils are an ideal base for a vegan shepherd's pie. Shepherd's pie goes vegetarian in this terrific meatless main-course meal.
Yummy of Veggie Packed Shepard's Pie
Many people consume Veggie Packed Shepard's Pie as a day meal or main food.
#How To Cook Veggie Packed Shepard's Pie, #Cooking Veggie Packed Shepard's Pie, #Simple Recipe Veggie Packed Shepard's Pie, #Simple direction Veggie Packed Shepard's Pie, #Homemade Veggie Packed Shepard's Pie, #Step by step cooking Veggie Packed Shepard's Pie, #Delicous Veggie Packed Shepard's Pie, #How To Make Veggie Packed Shepard's Pie, #Food Veggie Packed Shepard's Pie