This classic Louisiana Shrimp Étouffée can be on the dinner table in just over an hour. All you'll need is some hot sauce and plenty bread, and dinner's ready. Learn how to make a Shrimp Etouffee Recipe! You can cook Brad's shrimp and snapper ėtouffėe using 20 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook Brad's shrimp and snapper ėtouffėe.
Ingredients of Brad's shrimp and snapper ėtouffėe
- Prepare 2 lbs of raw prawns 16-21 ct.
- Prepare 12 oz of red snapper filets.
- Prepare of Louisiana fish fry breading.
- You need to prepare 8 tbs of butter.
- Prepare 6 tbs of flour.
- You need to prepare 1 of red onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of orange bell pepper, chopped.
- You need to prepare 5 of celery stalks, chopped.
- Prepare 2 tbs of minced garlic.
- You need to prepare 4 of tomatoes, chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 bag of frozen okra, chopped.
- You need to prepare 3 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 3 cups of water.
- You need to prepare 1 tbsp of granulated chicken bouillon.
- Prepare 1-2 tbs of Cajun seasoning. ie: Tony cacheree or slap yo mama.
- You need to prepare 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- You need to prepare 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare of Louisiana hot sauce, to taste.
- Prepare of Sliced green onions.
- Prepare of Prepared hot rice.
I hope you enjoy this Creole/Cajun Shrimp Sauce on Rice recipe! If you want more shrimp stock, you can take the tail shells from the frozen shrimp, or all the shells and heads from the fresh shrimp and depending on the amount of. The term étouffée (AY-too-fay) means smothered. In food parlance, that means the protein, usually shrimp or crawfish tails for this dish, are "smothered It is traditionally served over rice, but if you're going low-carb, etouffee is good over steamed riced cauliflower.
Brad's shrimp and snapper ėtouffėe step by step
- Peel the shrimp, place the shrimp in a bowl and the shells in a large sauce pot. As you continue to prep, throw all the trim in the pot as well. All the tomato ends, onion ends and some peel, all the celery greens and ends. Add the water and bring to a boil. Continue to simmer covered throughout cooking until needed..
- Start the roux. Melt a stick of butter in a large deep wall frying pan or a Dutch oven. Let butter clarify for a minute. Add flour. Mix well. Keep on medium heat stirring frequently until roux gets dark brown and smells nutty. Around 8 min..
- Preheat a deep fryer. Shake fish in a ziplock bag with the Louisiana fish fry. Deep fry at 350 until golden brown. Drain oil..
- Next add onions, celery, and pepper to the roux. Saute until veggies have sweated off. Add garlic and cook 2 more minutes. Add tomatoes and okra. And Saute 5 more minutes..
- Run the stock through a strainer and put back on the stove. Add chicken bouillon to taste..
- Add broth a cup at a time to the veggies. Incorporate well each time you add. Keep adding until you have a thick gravy like sauce. Add bay leaves and spices to taste. Salt shrimp and let sit until veggies are tender..
- When veggies are tender, add shrimp and cook 3 or 4 minutes until they are cooked through..
- In a bowl plate rice in the middle pour etouffee around rice. Place fish on top of rice. Garnish with green onions. Serve immediately. Enjoy..
Shrimp étouffée is a classic Cajun favorite that one must have when visiting Louisiana. It's made with fresh Gulf shrimp, the Cajun holy trinity of onion, celery, and bell pepper, and a decadent flour and butter roux. We were recently passing through Louisiana on our cross-country trip, and now that we're. Creole cooks make etouffée as well, and however much it may vary from Cajun to Creole and from cook to cook, one constant remains: serving it Recipe Notes. You can buy shelled shrimp instead of shell-on shrimp, and use seafood stock, shrimp stock, or chicken stock instead of making a stock.
Yummy of Brad's shrimp and snapper ėtouffėe
Many people consume Brad's shrimp and snapper ėtouffėe as a day meal or main food.
#How To Cook Brad's shrimp and snapper ėtouffėe, #Cooking Brad's shrimp and snapper ėtouffėe, #Simple Recipe Brad's shrimp and snapper ėtouffėe, #Simple direction Brad's shrimp and snapper ėtouffėe, #Homemade Brad's shrimp and snapper ėtouffėe, #Step by step cooking Brad's shrimp and snapper ėtouffėe, #Delicous Brad's shrimp and snapper ėtouffėe, #How To Make Brad's shrimp and snapper ėtouffėe, #Food Brad's shrimp and snapper ėtouffėe