Add a simple green salad, and you have a tasty meal for your family. And the stew is Japanese curry rice, one of the easiest, cheapest, most crowd-pleasing one-pot Making curry rice at home rules because you can so easily customize it in an infinite number of ways. This recipe captures a classic Japanese curry, complete with juicy pieces of chicken, tender nubbins of carrot, sweet Fresh spices and vegetables give this homemade Japanese curry a blast of flavor. You can cook Japanese Curry Rice using 45 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook Japanese Curry Rice.
Ingredients of Japanese Curry Rice
- Prepare of For stir-frying.
- Prepare 11 oz of pork shoulder or beef sliced sukiyaki style.
- You need to prepare 1 tbsp of rapeseed or canola oil.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of sesame oil.
- You need to prepare 1 of large onion diced.
- Prepare 2 tbsps of finely chopped ginger.
- Prepare 2 tbsps of finely chopped garlic.
- You need to prepare of Curry.
- You need to prepare 5 cups of Japanese chicken stock/torigara stock.
- You need to prepare 2 of large carrots diced.
- Prepare 18 oz of potatoes peeled and diced.
- You need to prepare 3 tbsps of curry powder.
- Prepare 3 tbsps of garam masala.
- You need to prepare 1 of fuji apple grated.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf (optional).
- Prepare of Salt (to taste).
- You need to prepare of Thickener/seasoning.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of potato starch dissolved in 2tbsps of water.
- You need to prepare 2 of tsps mirin.
- You need to prepare 2 tbsps of soy sauce.
- You need to prepare of Add-ons.
- You need to prepare of Tonkatsu/torikatsu.
- You need to prepare of Pork gyoza.
- Prepare of Tatsuta-age.
- Prepare of Grilled/steamed vegetables.
- Prepare of Mushrooms.
- Prepare of Soft-boiled eggs.
- You need to prepare of Fukujinzuke.
- Prepare of Ebi furai.
- Prepare of Croquettes.
- You need to prepare of Cheese.
- You need to prepare of Burger patty.
- You need to prepare of Fried squid.
- You need to prepare of Fried fish.
- Prepare of Omelet (top on rice).
- You need to prepare of Optional ingredients (add to taste).
- Prepare of Oyster sauce.
- Prepare of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need to prepare of Yogurt.
- You need to prepare of Butter.
- Prepare of Tonkatsu sauce.
- Prepare of Honey.
- You need to prepare of Coffee.
- Prepare of Chocolate.
- Prepare of Milk.
Have you heard of Japanese curry or Curry Rice (Karē Raisu)? Japanese curry is always served with steamed rice, and the common ingredients include a variety of proteins (chicken, beef, pork. A classic, but simple take on curry rice that is famous in Japan and is enjoyed world-wide. I got this recipe from one of my Japanese friends when we were little.
Japanese Curry Rice directions
- Cut the pork slices crosswise into 1/6-inch (4 cm) strips..
- In a medium heavy pot, heat the oils over medium heat until hot but not smoking. Slide in the pork or beef and stir-fry for I-2 minutes, then add the onion and cook, stirring, until the pork has browned and the onions are deeply golden, about 5 minutes. Stir in the ginger and garlic in the last minute or two before the pork and onions are done..
- Add the broth and deglaze the pan. Bring to a boil over high heat, add the carrots, apple and potatoes, and cook until just cooked through, 5-7 minutes..
- In a small bowl, blend the curry powder with a small amount of broth from the pot to make a slurry. Add that to the pot..
- Add the potato starch mixture, mirin, and soy sauce and simmer until thickened, 7-10 minutes longer. Add any additional ingredient of choice here..
- If the bottom of the pan is browning or sticking, adjust the heat to low. Serve hot on top of a bed of Japanese rice. The curry rice heats up well for leftovers over the course of several days..
It was served to the Japanese. Katsu curry is a variation of Japanese curry with a chicken cutlet on top. Chicken Cutlet (Japanese version of chicken schnitzel) brings the Japanese curry up to the next level. With curry flavoured rice, seasoned soy mince, vegetables and raisins, this fried rice recipe is one. Japanese curry is made out of a special roux which comprises of curry powder, flour, oil and other It is then served with either udon (Japanese wheat noodles) or rice together with a selection of meat. japanese curry & rice.
Yummy of Japanese Curry Rice
Many people consume Japanese Curry Rice as a daylight meal or main food.
#How To Cook Japanese Curry Rice, #Cooking Japanese Curry Rice, #Simple Recipe Japanese Curry Rice, #Simple direction Japanese Curry Rice, #Homemade Japanese Curry Rice, #Step by step cooking Japanese Curry Rice, #Delicous Japanese Curry Rice, #How To Make Japanese Curry Rice, #Food Japanese Curry Rice