So the whole thing looks intricate and nearly impossible to make, but. Roll cake up, peeling back the parchment paper as you go. See more ideas about food, recipes, dessert recipes. We can cook Spiced Swiss roll cookie slices by using 11 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook Spiced Swiss roll cookie slices.
Ingredients of Spiced Swiss roll cookie slices
- You need to prepare 1 stick of butter (softened).
- You need to prepare 1/2 cup of shortening (I use crisco).
- You need to prepare 2 1/4 cup of flour.
- You need to prepare 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of light brown sugar (packed).
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- You need to prepare 2 teaspoons of cinnamon.
- You need to prepare 1/2 teaspoons of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of ground nutmeg.
- You need to prepare 1/4 teaspoon of ground cloves.
Coconut Jam Slice - just like Nanna used to make! This recipe is an oldie but a goodie - delicious biscuit base with a jam. This cake roll required more testing than usual because I was SO torn between using butter vs oil, cocoa powder vs melted chocolate, as well as the perfect amount of These basic ingredients wear very important hats in this Swiss roll cake recipe. Unless where noted, avoid making substitutions.
Spiced Swiss roll cookie slices instructions
- Beat butter and shortening.
- Add 1 1/8 cup flour, both sugars, egg, spices, baking soda, and vanilla.
- Beat well.
- Add remaining flour (1 1/8 cup).
- Roll dough into a 7 x2 in roll.
- Rap your roll with tin foil or press and seal.
- Refrigerate for 5-24 hours (I only did 4).
- Slice the roll into thick cookie slices.
- Bake at 375 for 8 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack and....
- Notes: refrigerating is very important in this recipe! Do not skip it! When cutting your Swiss roll into cookie slices, use a sharp knife and a sawing motion. (Back and forth). If at first your mixture won’t hold together, add 1 tablespoon of milk!.
- Optional additions: add sliced almond slices. Top with jelly. Eat raw (don’t add egg). Add canned mandarin oranges. Add nuts of your choice..
This Fall Spice Swiss Roll is the perfect way to celebrate Halloween and the colder winter months. Roll Cake to you Americans, or Roulade to you French peeps) because they're such a crowd pleaser and can be accommodated to the amount of guests easily - thinner slices for more people, thicker for. Rolling a Swiss roll is all about taking your time and being careful but firm with your cake. You'll want to make sure the filling is spread as evening as possible so A Swiss roll is often the perfect option, sliced with a cuppa. A sweet roulade is traditionally served as a dessert with plenty of cream and fruit. (This helps prevent the Swiss roll from cracking when you roll it later.) Once you have rolled it all up, make sure the join is underneath so it does not come undone.
Yummy of Spiced Swiss roll cookie slices
Many people consume Spiced Swiss roll cookie slices as a morning meal or main food.
#How To Cook Spiced Swiss roll cookie slices, #Cooking Spiced Swiss roll cookie slices, #Simple Recipe Spiced Swiss roll cookie slices, #Simple direction Spiced Swiss roll cookie slices, #Homemade Spiced Swiss roll cookie slices, #Step by step cooking Spiced Swiss roll cookie slices, #Delicous Spiced Swiss roll cookie slices, #How To Make Spiced Swiss roll cookie slices, #Food Spiced Swiss roll cookie slices