This is the best vodka sauce any of us in the test kitchen have ever had. Here's the secret to how we made our favorite Penne Add vodka to pot and stir to incorporate, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pot. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. We can cook Chicken Penne alla Vodka by using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve Chicken Penne alla Vodka.
Ingredients of Chicken Penne alla Vodka
- You need to prepare 1 lb of penne pasta.
- Prepare 1 of chicken breast.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion, diced.
- You need to prepare 3 tbsp of butter.
- You need to prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 cup of vodka.
- Prepare 14 oz of tomato sauce.
- Prepare 1 cup of heavy cream.
- You need to prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 pinch of red pepper flakes.
- Prepare to taste of Fresh ground black pepper.
- Prepare of Fresh grated parmesan.
Penne alla vodka is a pasta dish made with vodka and penne pasta, usually made with heavy cream, crushed tomatoes, onions, and sometimes sausage, pancetta or peas. Whether or not the penne alla vodka here is similar, I'll never know. But every time I take a bite of this delicious version I think to myself, man, that Stir in the vodka and increase heat back to medium-high. For this dinner, I made some chicken thighs and added it to Bon Appetit's Fusilli alla Vodka with Basil and Parmesan.
Chicken Penne alla Vodka instructions
- Cook pasta and drain.
- Cook sliced chicken in 2 tbsp butter and olive oil. When thoroughly cooked, remove from pan and set aside..
- Saute onion and garlic until thoroughly cooked.
- Remove pan from flame and add vodka. Reduce for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour in the tomato sauce and mix thoroughly. Reduce heat, then pour in heavy cream.
- Add red pepper flakes, salt, and black pepper. Reduce heat to a simmer, then add last tablespoon of butter.
- Add drained pasta and chicken, then toss to coat. Serve with grated parmesan.
I substituted the fusilli with some gluten-free penne. Penne alla Vodka is a dish I was hesitant to share as it didn't sound too authentically Italian to me. In fact the origin of this pasta, tossed in a creamy tomato sauce is unclear. Instead of shrimp you can add scallops or chicken to your penne alla vodka. Just add a simple salad and you are good to go.
Yummy of Chicken Penne alla Vodka
Many people consume Chicken Penne alla Vodka as a day meal or main food.
#How To Cook Chicken Penne alla Vodka, #Cooking Chicken Penne alla Vodka, #Simple Recipe Chicken Penne alla Vodka, #Simple direction Chicken Penne alla Vodka, #Homemade Chicken Penne alla Vodka, #Step by step cooking Chicken Penne alla Vodka, #Delicous Chicken Penne alla Vodka, #How To Make Chicken Penne alla Vodka, #Food Chicken Penne alla Vodka