We can cook Saffron Risotto using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve Saffron Risotto.
Ingredients of Saffron Risotto
- You need to prepare 1.5 cups of arborio rice.
- You need to prepare 1 qt of chicken stock.
- You need to prepare 1/2 cup of dry white wine.
- You need to prepare 1 of medium shallot (diced).
- You need to prepare 3 tablespoons of butter.
- Prepare 1 tbls of olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1 tbls of chopped parsley.
- You need to prepare 3 cloves of garlic.
- You need to prepare of Salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 8 strands of saffron.
Saffron Risotto instructions
- Heat the stock to a simmer in a medium saucepan, then lower the heat so that the stock just stays hot, add Cayenne and saffron (not needed but brings a great color) to stock..
- In a large, heavy-bottomed saucepan, heat the oil and 1 Tbsp of the butter over medium heat. When the butter has melted, add the diced shallot. Sauté for 1-2 minutes or until it is slightly translucent..
- Add the rice to the pot and stir it briskly with a wooden spoon so that the grains are coated with the oil and melted butter. add the garlic. Sauté for another minute or so, until there is a slightly nutty aroma. But don't let the rice turn brown..
- Add the wine and cook while stirring, until the liquid is fully absorbed. Add a ladle of hot chicken stock to the rice and stir until the liquid is fully absorbed. When the rice appears almost dry, add another ladle of stock and repeat the process..
- Note: Important to stir constantly, especially while the hot stock gets absorbed, to prevent scorching, and add the next ladle as soon as most of the liquid is evaporated..
- Continue adding ladles of hot stock and stirring the rice while the liquid is absorbed. As it cooks, you'll see that the rice will take on a creamy consistency as it begins to release its natural starches. Continue adding stock, a ladle at a time, for 20-30 minutes or until the grains are tender but still firm to the bite, without being crunchy..
- Stir in the remaining 2 Tbsp butter, the parmesan cheese and the parsley, and season to taste with Kosher salt. Risotto turns glutinous if held for too long, so serve it right away..
- Can garnish with some parm cheese, tuile, sauce. Always good with a protein on top..
Yummy of Saffron Risotto
Many people consume Saffron Risotto as a daylight meal or main food.
#How To Cook Saffron Risotto, #Cooking Saffron Risotto, #Simple Recipe Saffron Risotto, #Simple direction Saffron Risotto, #Homemade Saffron Risotto, #Step by step cooking Saffron Risotto, #Delicous Saffron Risotto, #How To Make Saffron Risotto, #Food Saffron Risotto