We can cook Roll-Your-Own California Rolls using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve Roll-Your-Own California Rolls.
Ingredients of Roll-Your-Own California Rolls
- You need to prepare of For the rice:.
- You need to prepare 2 cups of rice cooked to package instructions (sushi rice is ideal, but I used jasmine yesterday because it's what I had on hand).
- You need to prepare 5 Tablespoons of sushi seasoning vinegar.
- You need to prepare of For the krab:.
- You need to prepare 1 pound of surimi (krab), rough chopped. (If it's previously frozen, you'll want to defrost completely and squeeze out any excess water before chopping.).
- You need to prepare 1/2-2/3 cups of mayonnaise (If you have Kewpie mayo, which is the kind they usually use in sushi restaurants, then skip the sugar below.).
- You need to prepare 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of fresh squeezed lemon juice.
- Prepare of All the rest of the stuff you'll need:.
- Prepare 1 of large ripe avocado (or 2 medium) cut into 1/4" thick strips vertically.
- You need to prepare 1/2 of an English (hothouse) cucumber, seeded and cut into thin 3 or 4 inch long strips.
- Prepare of Korean style seasoned and toasted seaweed (see pic below).
- You need to prepare of Optional:.
- Prepare of toasted sesame seeds.
- Prepare of wasabi and soy sauce.
- You need to prepare of sushi ginger.
Roll-Your-Own California Rolls instructions
- Cook the 2 cups of rice according to package instructions, fluff the rice and let it cool slightly (but not completely) before adding your sushi seasoning vinegar and mixing it thoroughly throughout the rice in a fluffing kind of motion. You don't want to stir to mix because your rice will turn into a gummy mess. Set aside..
- Mix your krab ingredients together and set aside..
- Cut your cukes and avos and set aside..
- If you get the large gim or toasted nori, cut the sheets in half widthwise..
- Lay it all out on the table and let people assemble, roll, and eat. It doesn't have to be a neat restaurant-style handroll roll. Just roll it up like a burrito and enjoy with wasabi and soy sauce and some sushi ginger if you like. 🙂 Alternatively, you can just make easy rice bowls with all the ingredients and either omit the nori or tear it up in small pieces and sprinkle it on top..
Yummy of Roll-Your-Own California Rolls
Many people consume Roll-Your-Own California Rolls as a day meal or main food.
#How To Cook Roll-Your-Own California Rolls, #Cooking Roll-Your-Own California Rolls, #Simple Recipe Roll-Your-Own California Rolls, #Simple direction Roll-Your-Own California Rolls, #Homemade Roll-Your-Own California Rolls, #Step by step cooking Roll-Your-Own California Rolls, #Delicous Roll-Your-Own California Rolls, #How To Make Roll-Your-Own California Rolls, #Food Roll-Your-Own California Rolls