This ground turkey meatloaf is a lighter spin on a classic comfort food. It's packed with lean protein I subbed ground turkey for beef in this recipe and the meatloaf turned out delicious. I'm usually the one who makes turkey meatloaf, one of my few gifts along with omelettes, fish and not much more. You can cook Turkey meatloaf using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve Turkey meatloaf.
Ingredients of Turkey meatloaf
- Prepare 1 lb of ground lean turkey.
- You need to prepare 1/2 tsp of marjoram.
- You need to prepare 1/2 tbsp of oregano.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of basil.
- You need to prepare 1 bunch of small bunch of parsley, chopped finely.
- You need to prepare 1/2 cup of chopped onion, white or yellow for milder flavor..
- Prepare 4 clove of garlic minced.
- You need to prepare 1 cup of breadcrumbs or can use 1/2 cup rolled oats to be healthier.
- You need to prepare 5 of grinds of pepper or about 1 tsp black pepper.
- You need to prepare 1/4 cup of brown sugar or 1/2 cup applesauce to be healthier.
- You need to prepare 1 of large squeeze ketchup, about 1/3 cup.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of diced or shredded carrots, for a different flavor, this is optional.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of diced celery, optional.
- You need to prepare 1/2 tsp of fresh or dried sage, optional...will add a thanksgiving flavor.
This Turkey Meatloaf recipe doesn't sacrifice any flavor. It's easy to make and is topped off with the most delicious glaze! Your family will love this heart healthy version of a classic American dinner. Learn how to make a quick and easy, moist and tender turkey meatloaf!
Turkey meatloaf step by step
- Put oven at 325, cook for one hour. May need longer, I sometimes do 85 minutes! I don't like it soo moist!.
- Mix all ingredients, add egg last before Turkey meat. Gently mix in Turkey meat..
- Cover top of meatloaf with enough ketchup to cover so you can't see the meat. Coat pan in olive oil..
- Shape loaf in bread pan and cover for first 30 minutes, second half the last 20-30 minutes leave uncovered..
- Make sure Turkey is cooked all the way through before you eat it!! It will be moist if you do egg n applesauce n ketchup in the mix!.
Perfectly seasoned and topped with a sweet and tangy sauce, baked to perfection. This is the best turkey meatloaf we've ever tasted. It's really moist and makes great sandwiches. Meatloaf is the ultimate comfort food. With turkey, switched-up ingredients and creative twists, these popular variations elevate this classic from familiar to fabulous.
Yummy of Turkey meatloaf
Many people consume Turkey meatloaf as a morning meal or main food.
#How To Cook Turkey meatloaf, #Cooking Turkey meatloaf, #Simple Recipe Turkey meatloaf, #Simple direction Turkey meatloaf, #Homemade Turkey meatloaf, #Step by step cooking Turkey meatloaf, #Delicous Turkey meatloaf, #How To Make Turkey meatloaf, #Food Turkey meatloaf