You can cook Corned Beef & Cabbage using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve Corned Beef & Cabbage.
Ingredients of Corned Beef & Cabbage
- You need to prepare 4-5 pound of corned beef brisket, packaged.
- You need to prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- You need to prepare 3-4 of whole allspice.
- You need to prepare 1 clove of garlic, unpeeled.
- Prepare 2-3 of whole cloves.
- You need to prepare 1 tsp. of mustard seed.
- You need to prepare 1 tsp. of coriander seed (optional).
- You need to prepare Dash of cinnamon.
- You need to prepare 1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger.
- You need to prepare 2 tablespoons of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 of medium – large head of cabbage cut in 4 or 8 piece wedges.
- You need to prepare 1.5 pounds of new or red potatoes, quartered.
Corned Beef & Cabbage instructions
- To prepare the cured corned beef, rinse it under cool water. Discard the seasoning packet, since this is not very fresh ingredients, and use your own!.
- Place the meat in a small deep roasting pan. Add all the spices and the sugar. Cover the meat with cold water and place a lid on top. Place it in a warming oven and set the temp at 325 degrees. Simmer for about 3 hours. *If using a crockpot, set at lower temp setting and cook a bit longer..
- Allow the meat to cool in the broth. Skim off the water surface and discard the seasonings in the pot..
- With 40 minutes left in the cooking time, prepare the cabbage. Drive a long toothpick into the center of each wedge. Place wedges in a large pot with about 2” of water and cover with a lid..
- Heat the water in the pot to a boiling temp then reduce to a medium heat. Keep covered and steam for about 20 minutes until it’s slightly soft..
- Boil potatoes in a separate pot until slightly soft, then drain. Place them in an oven pan, drizzle with oil, and bake for 30 minutes..
- Remove the meat to a cutting board and slice against the grain..
- Place the slices of beef on a plate with sliced wedges of cabbage and potatoes. Spoon the broth over the meat and vegetables..
- Serve with a variety of mustards or sour cream w/ horseradish sauce..
Yummy of Corned Beef & Cabbage
Many people consume Corned Beef & Cabbage as a hours of daylight meal or main food.
#How To Cook Corned Beef & Cabbage, #Cooking Corned Beef & Cabbage, #Simple Recipe Corned Beef & Cabbage, #Simple direction Corned Beef & Cabbage, #Homemade Corned Beef & Cabbage, #Step by step cooking Corned Beef & Cabbage, #Delicous Corned Beef & Cabbage, #How To Make Corned Beef & Cabbage, #Food Corned Beef & Cabbage