We can cook Sheree's Rouladen by using 15 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve Sheree's Rouladen.
Ingredients of Sheree's Rouladen
- You need to prepare 1 of **** this was inspired by '$10 meals' from the FOOD NETWORK.
- Prepare 6 slice of thick bacon.
- Prepare 4 cup of cabbage (red and green).
- You need to prepare 1 large of onion, divided.
- Prepare 1 of **** salt, pepper,,& garlic powder.
- Prepare 6 of button mushrooms.
- You need to prepare 2 lb of round steak or flat iron steak.
- You need to prepare 2 tbsp of Dijon type mustard.
- Prepare 2 clove of fresh minced garlic.
- Prepare 2 stick of celery, course chop.
- You need to prepare 2 tbsp of dill pickle relish.
- Prepare 2 of carrots, course chop.
- Prepare 1 of *** 1/4 cup red wine.
- You need to prepare 1 can of diced tomatoes (10 1/2 oz can).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of white sugar.
Sheree's Rouladen instructions
- VERY GOOD!!! but it is time consuming so this is a perfect special occasion meal. Maybe an anniversary or birthday... Maybe an impressive dinner party such as in-laws, business, friends etc....
- Fry bacon until crisp ... drain on paper towel. set aside..
- cook cabbage in bacon drippings. when cabbage is wilted add garlic and onion. 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 black pepper. take skillet off flame to cool. place mixture in bowl for assembly..
- DO NOT CLEAN SKILLET..
- use hand to crumble bacon... put in cabbage mixture. add dill pickle relish and mix everything well..
- cut steak into 4 pieces. pound steak with a mallet. place plastic wrap over the steak. flip it over and pound the other side. use a paint brush and put a very thin layer of Dijon mustard on the upside of the steak. put about a palm size amount of the cabbage mixture..
- starting at the small end of the steak, roll the steak tightly around the cabbage mixture. tie the meat bundles with cooking twine..
- put a splash of oil in the pan where cabbage was cooked. fry the meat bundles until they are browned on the outside. take them out of the skillet once brown..
- add carrots, celery, and onions..
- stir veggies to semi soft. deglaze skillet by adding 1/4 cup red wine and when hot again add canned tomatoes. add sugar to cut through the tart/ acidic taste..
- place meat bundles back in sauce and look cook for 45 minutes..
- taste sauce to see if it needs s&p.
- steak should be very tender..
Yummy of Sheree's Rouladen
Many people consume Sheree's Rouladen as a morning meal or main food.
#How To Cook Sheree's Rouladen, #Cooking Sheree's Rouladen, #Simple Recipe Sheree's Rouladen, #Simple direction Sheree's Rouladen, #Homemade Sheree's Rouladen, #Step by step cooking Sheree's Rouladen, #Delicous Sheree's Rouladen, #How To Make Sheree's Rouladen, #Food Sheree's Rouladen