We can cook Coconut Cream Pie Bars by using 27 ingredients and 23 steps. Here is how you cook Coconut Cream Pie Bars.
Ingredients of Coconut Cream Pie Bars
- Prepare of For Coconut Shortbread crust.
- You need to prepare 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of shredded sweetened coconut.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of confectioner's sugar.
- You need to prepare 3/4 cup of cold salted butter, cut into about 10 pieces.
- You need to prepare of For Chocolate Ganache Layer.
- Prepare 6 ounces of semi sweet chocolate, chopped.
- You need to prepare 1/3 cup of heavy cream.
- You need to prepare of For Coconut Cream Filling.
- You need to prepare 3 cups of light cream or half and half.
- Prepare 3 cups of coconut milk.
- Prepare 4 of large eggs.
- You need to prepare 2/3 cup of cornstarch.
- You need to prepare 1 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need to prepare 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- You need to prepare 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of coconut extract.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sweetened shredded coconut.
- You need to prepare of For Topping.
- Prepare 2 cups of cold heavy whipping cream.
- You need to prepare 1/2 cup of confectioners sugar.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- You need to prepare 1 teaspoon of unflavored gelitin.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of cold water.
- Prepare of For Garnish.
- You need to prepare 1 cup of shredded sweetened coconut, toasted, recipe below.
- Prepare of chocolate shavings as needed.
Coconut Cream Pie Bars step by step
- Make crust..
- Preheat the oven to 350. Line a 9 by 13 baking pan with foil. Place one dheet with over hang on the long side and two over lapping on the short side. This will make removing the bars for cutting easy.
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, confectioner's sugar, salt and coconut.
- Add the butter pieces and with a pastry cutter or your fingers combine until it resembles a crumb mixture.
- Press evenly into prepared pan. Bake until golden about 18 to 22 minutes. Remove to rack, cool 5 minutes before adding chocolate ganache layer.
- While crust is cooking make chocolate ganacheplace chopped chocolate in a bowl. Heat cream until hot but not boiling, pour over chocolate. Let sit one minute then stir until smooth.
- Allow chocolate to cool about 5 minutes until it is pourable but not hot. Pour onto crust and spread with an off set spatula or back of a spoon to cover crust. Refrigerate while making filling.
- Make Coconut Cream Filling.
- In alarge saucepan combine crem, coconut milk, eggs, cornstarch sugat and salt. Whisk well and heat, stirring constantly, reaching all corners of pan until mixture comes to a boi, cook still constantly stirring until thick and bubbling.This can takel15 to 20 minutes Remove from heat and add both extracts and the 1/2 cup coconut and stir in, cool 5 minutes.
- Pour warm filling over cooled crust. Let stand at room temperature about 20 minutes before refrigerating until set, at least 4 hours.
- For Whipped Cream Topping.
- Place cold water and unflavored gelatin in a small heat proof bowl. Let stand 5 minutes to soften.
- Have a small skillet with simmering water ready. Place bowl with gelatin in simmering water stirring until dissoved and clear. Turn off heat but leave gelatin in warm water while beating cream.
- Beat cream until it holds soft peaks, add confectioner's sugar, vanilla and liquid gelatin and beat until it holds its shape.
- Spread over coconut cream layer, sprinkle on toasted coconut and chocolate shavings. Chill at least 1 hour for whipped cream to set.
- Lift entire bar out with foil, then cut into bars with a sharp knife.
- How to toast coconut. Preheat oven to 350.
- Spread coconut in an even layer on baking sheet.
- Place in oven and bake until golden 5 to 9 minutes, stirring evey minutes until golden.
Yummy of Coconut Cream Pie Bars
Many people consume Coconut Cream Pie Bars as a day meal or main food.
#How To Cook Coconut Cream Pie Bars, #Cooking Coconut Cream Pie Bars, #Simple Recipe Coconut Cream Pie Bars, #Simple direction Coconut Cream Pie Bars, #Homemade Coconut Cream Pie Bars, #Step by step cooking Coconut Cream Pie Bars, #Delicous Coconut Cream Pie Bars, #How To Make Coconut Cream Pie Bars, #Food Coconut Cream Pie Bars