You can cook Tony's Baked Ziti using 24 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook Tony's Baked Ziti.
Ingredients of Tony's Baked Ziti
- Prepare of Pasta.
- Prepare 1 lb of ziti.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of salt.
- Prepare of Red Sauce.
- You need to prepare 1 lb of sausage.
- You need to prepare 4 cloves of garlic (medium), diced.
- You need to prepare 1 oz of fresh spinach leaves, shredded.
- You need to prepare 2 oz of feta cheese.
- Prepare 1 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need to prepare 1 of and 1/2 tsp dried oregano.
- You need to prepare 1 of and 1/2 tsp dried basil.
- You need to prepare 1 tsp of dried thyme.
- You need to prepare 2 (28 oz) of cans of San Marzano tomatoes, removed and diced.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of fresh basil (chopped).
- Prepare of White Sauce.
- You need to prepare 8 oz of cream cheese spread.
- Prepare 15 oz of ricotta.
- You need to prepare 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Prepare 1 oz of parmesan cheese.
- Prepare of Topping.
- Prepare 1 cup of shredded mozzarella.
- You need to prepare 1 oz of parmesan cheese (shredded).
- You need to prepare 1/4 cup of fresh basil (shredded).
Tony's Baked Ziti step by step
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Bring 4 quarts water to roiling boil. Add 1 lb ziti and salt to water and boil for 10 minutes..
- Reserve 1/3 cup pasta water. Drain pasta and set aside..
- Brown sausage and diced garlic over medium heat until fully cooked..
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add spinach until wilted, and toss with feta cheese..
- Add salt, pepper, oregano, dried basil, thyme, chopped canned tomatoes and pasta water..
- Cover and simmer for 12 to 14 minutes..
- While red sauce is simmering, in a large mixing bowl combine ricotta cheese, cream cheese, mozzarella and parmesan until well mixed..
- When red sauce is finished cooking, add 2 cups of red sauce to white sauce and mix. After mixing, reserve 1 cup of red-white sauce in separate bowl..
- Add pasta to large mixing bowl and mix..
- Pour pasta into baking dish. Layer on red-white sauce, red sauce, mozzarella and cheese..
- Bake for 23 minutes..
- Broil for 2 minutes on high..
- Remove from oven and add shredded parmesan cheese. Allow to cool for 5 - 7 minutes and serve..
- Garnish with fresh basil..
Yummy of Tony's Baked Ziti
Many people consume Tony's Baked Ziti as a day meal or main food.
#How To Cook Tony's Baked Ziti, #Cooking Tony's Baked Ziti, #Simple Recipe Tony's Baked Ziti, #Simple direction Tony's Baked Ziti, #Homemade Tony's Baked Ziti, #Step by step cooking Tony's Baked Ziti, #Delicous Tony's Baked Ziti, #How To Make Tony's Baked Ziti, #Food Tony's Baked Ziti