You can cook Chocolate Chip Challah Bread using 17 ingredients and 21 steps. Here is how you achieve Chocolate Chip Challah Bread.
Ingredients of Chocolate Chip Challah Bread
- You need to prepare of Yeast Proof.
- You need to prepare 2 1/4 tsp of active dry yeast (1 packet).
- Prepare 2/3 cup of warm water.
- You need to prepare 1 tsp of honey.
- Prepare of Dough.
- You need to prepare 1/3 cup of olive oil, extra virgin.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of honey.
- You need to prepare 2 large of eggs.
- Prepare 500 grams of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 8 tbsp of all-purpose flour, as needed.
- You need to prepare 1 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need to prepare of Other Stuff.
- Prepare 1 cup of chocolate chips.
- You need to prepare of olive oil, extra virgin for dough.
- Prepare of all-purpose flour for dusting.
- You need to prepare 1 large of egg, beaten.
- You need to prepare of sea salt.
Chocolate Chip Challah Bread directions
- Proof the yeast. In your stand mixer bowl, combine the following ingredients. Make sure the water is lukewarm. Test water against the back of your hand. Too much heat will kill the yeast..
- Leave in bowl for about 5 minutes, or until the yeast is foamy, like a beer's head..
- Add the following, then whisk until egg yolks are incorporated..
- Set your bowl on the mixer with the dough hook attachment..
- Add the flour and salt..
- Set mixer on the slowest setting then set to second to slowest. Let mixer do its thing and incorporate the ingredients together and knead the dough..
- Depending on the humidity, you may have to add several tablespoons of flour. The dough should be a little bit tacky, like the adhesive on the back of a Post-It..
- When the dough is on your hook and the sides of your bowl is clean, it's time for hand kneading..
- Turn on your oven to the lowest setting (120 to 170°F F), then turn it off once it reaches the temperature..
- Dust your surface with flour, and knead dough until it springs back slowly when you poke it with your finger. Roll the dough into a neat ball..
- In your mixer bowl, add two or three tablespoons of olive oil. Using your kneaded dough, spread the oil around the bowl and lightly coat the dough with oil..
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap or a damp towel, and keep in the oven for the first rise for about 1 hour..
- Clean your workspace. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside..
- Take the bowl out of the oven. The dough should be double in size or more after an hour. Punch the dough down and cover. Place back in the oven for another 1 hour for the second rise..
- After the second rise, take dough out of the bowl on your lightly floured work surface. Punch the air out of the dough, then roll into a tight log..
- Preheat oven to 375°F Fahrenheit..
- Form the dough into your preferred shape. Challah is traditionally braided, but you can shape the dough to any shape that works for you. For braiding instructions, look up The Bread Kitchen's braiding instructions on YouTube..
- Put the braided dough on the baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Brush with egg, then lightly cover with plastic wrap. Let formed bread dough rise for 30 minutes to an hour..
- Before putting back in the oven, brush with the remaining egg wash, then sprinkle sea salt. You can also sprinkle poppy or sesame seeds..
- Bake at 375°F Fahrenheit until bread registers at 175°F Fahrenheit inside for 30 to 45 minutes. Times may be shorter for smaller loaves..
- Cool on cooling racks, covered with a tea towel. Slice with a serrated knife and enjoy!.
Yummy of Chocolate Chip Challah Bread
Many people consume Chocolate Chip Challah Bread as a morning meal or main food.
#How To Cook Chocolate Chip Challah Bread, #Cooking Chocolate Chip Challah Bread, #Simple Recipe Chocolate Chip Challah Bread, #Simple direction Chocolate Chip Challah Bread, #Homemade Chocolate Chip Challah Bread, #Step by step cooking Chocolate Chip Challah Bread, #Delicous Chocolate Chip Challah Bread, #How To Make Chocolate Chip Challah Bread, #Food Chocolate Chip Challah Bread