You can cook French Toast for One using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook French Toast for One.
Ingredients of French Toast for One
- Prepare 2 of thick slices of bread (~ 3/4"). I like brioche, challah, and Texas toast. Slightly stale is even better.
- You need to prepare of extra maple syrup or powdered sugar to finish.
- You need to prepare of butter for cooking.
- Prepare of Custard ingredients:.
- You need to prepare 1 of large egg.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of whole milk (If you like it richer, you can use half and half or cream. If lighter, lowfat milk.).
- Prepare 1 pinch of kosher salt.
- Prepare a few of grinds (or small pinch) of cinnamon.
- You need to prepare 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- You need to prepare 1 teaspoon of maple syrup or sugar.
French Toast for One instructions
- In a medium bowl, mix all the custard ingredients and beat or whisk until thoroughly combined. (Sometimes I like to pick out the chalaza, which is the twisty white cord from the egg.).
- Pour the custard mixture in a baking dish and soak your bread in the custard, flipping after about 20 seconds to make sure both sides absorb the mixture..
- Preheat your frypan to medium, melt about a Tablespoon of butter on it and spread it around..
- Cook your French Toast for about 3 to 4 minutes per side or until each side is golden brown, and the center of the bread has firmed up from the custard cooking through. If you see that the toast is browning too quickly for the custard to cook through without burning the toast, turn the heat down just a bit..
- If you can't fit both whole pieces of bread on your pan or griddle, cutting the bread slices in half might enable you to arrange them so you can cook them in one batch..
- Enjoy with a drizzle of maple syrup or sprinkling of powdered sugar. :).
Yummy of French Toast for One
Many people consume French Toast for One as a morning meal or main food.
#How To Cook French Toast for One, #Cooking French Toast for One, #Simple Recipe French Toast for One, #Simple direction French Toast for One, #Homemade French Toast for One, #Step by step cooking French Toast for One, #Delicous French Toast for One, #How To Make French Toast for One, #Food French Toast for One