We can cook Winter Treat: Blini using 19 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook Winter Treat: Blini.
Ingredients of Winter Treat: Blini
- Prepare of Blini.
- Prepare 4 dl of milk.
- Prepare 7 grams of yeast.
- Prepare 2.5 dl of buckwheat flour.
- Prepare 1 dl of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 of eggs (egg yolks and egg white will be separated).
- You need to prepare 170 of sour cream / yogurt.
- You need to prepare 0.5 dl of sparkling water.
- Prepare of Blini topping: Mushroom sauce.
- Prepare 1 of scallion.
- Prepare 2.5 dl of Mixed mushroom.
- You need to prepare 1/4 of Red onion.
- You need to prepare of Sour cream.
- Prepare of Other toppings.
- You need to prepare of Smoked salmon.
- Prepare of Cilantro.
- Prepare of Red onion.
- You need to prepare of Smetana / sour cream.
Winter Treat: Blini step by step
- Mix the dry yeast into warm milk (body temperature, around 37C / 98 F) in a bowl. Make sure your bowl is large enough, the batter will rise significantly 🙂 - Mix together buckwheat and all-purpose flour, and salt. Add them into the bowl with milk and yeast. Let the dough rest for about an hour or two in room temperature.
- Mix together egg yolks and sour cream (or yogurt as I did), and slowly add into the dough. - Whip the egg whites into a firm mousse. Add slowly into the dough..
- Add sparkling water into the dough. Apparently this will help to make the blini crisp and fluffy when frying them - Frying the blini: I follow the way my Russian friend fried the dough in a cast iron skillet: a spoonful of butter per each blini, medium to high heat. Apparently there are variations between thin and thick blini, whereby the thicker one should actually be called Oladyi (as I learnt thanks to UnderstandRussia blog)..
- Toppings: prepare everything ready and set the table while you are frying the blini 🙂 The blini are best when enjoyed right away after frying..
Yummy of Winter Treat: Blini
Many people consume Winter Treat: Blini as a hours of daylight meal or main food.
#How To Cook Winter Treat: Blini, #Cooking Winter Treat: Blini, #Simple Recipe Winter Treat: Blini, #Simple direction Winter Treat: Blini, #Homemade Winter Treat: Blini, #Step by step cooking Winter Treat: Blini, #Delicous Winter Treat: Blini, #How To Make Winter Treat: Blini, #Food Winter Treat: Blini