It's a dumpling filled with meat or vegetables as well. This stuffed dumpling preparation is one of the most popular dishes in Nepal. For well executed MOMO's, it is essential that the middle portion of the wrapper be slightly thicker than the edges to ensure the structural integrity of dumplings during packing and steaming. You can cook Nepali dumplings (Mo:Mo) by using 21 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve Nepali dumplings (Mo:Mo).
Ingredients of Nepali dumplings (Mo:Mo)
- Prepare of Mo:Mo (Dumplings).
- Prepare 12 oz. of Wonton wraps (48 count).
- You need to prepare 1 lbs of ground meat (chicken, turkey, etc.).
- You need to prepare 1 Tbsp of canola oil.
- You need to prepare 1 of medium onion (white, red, or yellow).
- You need to prepare 8 oz. of shredded cabbage (or cole slaw).
- Prepare 1/2 bunch of cilantro.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of turmeric.
- You need to prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2.5 Tbsp of Momo masala.
- You need to prepare 1 Tbsp of cumin powder.
- Prepare of Achaar (the sauce).
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of canola oil.
- You need to prepare 1/4 tsp of turmeric.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need to prepare 1/4 tsp of garlic paste.
- You need to prepare 1/4 tsp of ginger paste.
- You need to prepare 1/4 Tbsp of cumin.
- You need to prepare 3/4 cup of broth (vegetable or meat).
- Prepare 1/2 bunch of cilantro.
- You need to prepare of Some hot sauce (optional, if desired).
Fresh Nepali MO: MO: What is MO:MO: (मःमः)(Dumpling). Momo is a type of steamed dumpling with filling of Meat or Vegetables. This Dish is believed to be of Tibetan Origin and spread to neighbouring countries. If you're up for a challenge, try making these tasty momos, a version of Chinese steamed dumplings filled with pork, coriander, chillies and ginger.
Nepali dumplings (Mo:Mo) step by step
- In a large mixing bowl, put the meat and pour the oil on it..
- In the meantime, put the onion, cilantro, and cabbage in a blender and blend it. The purpose is to chop it fine, and not a smooth paste. Once it is chopped finely in the blender, pour it in the bowl with the meat..
- Add the remaining of the ingredients to the bowl and mix the entire mixture really well. (Hand mixing works best!).
- Let it marinate in the fridge while you prepare rest of the steps..
- While the meat mixture is marinating, make the achaar (sauce). Chop the tomatoes and onions in quarters. Chop the cilantro bunch in half..
- In a small pot, add the oil and heat it for a minute in medium heat. Add the onions and cook it until it's translucent- about 5 minutes..
- Add the tomato quarters in the pot and cook until tomatoes start to release juice..
- Once the tomatoes start to release juice, add the turmeric, salt, garlic, and ginger. Cook for another minute..
- Add the cumin and cook for about 1 minute. Add the broth, lower heat, and summer it for about 5 minutes. If the broth in the mixture starts to evaporate and the mixture becomes dry, pour a little more broth. At the end of the 5 minutes, you would want the mixture to be a little brothy!.
- Take the pot out of the heat and let it cool for a few minutes. Then, pour all of the tomato mixture in a blender. Add the cilantro to the blender and blend really well..
- Refrigerate the sauce while you follow the remaining steps for dumplings..
- Set up the steamer and heat some water in the steamer base so that the water steam is ready. In the meantime, wrap the marinated meat mixture in the wraps..
- Ideally, take a fork, and place a small fork-full of meat mixture in the center of the wrap. Rub some water on the edges of the wrap and seal all the edges together. Make sure that all corners and sealed. Repeat until you run out of the meat, or the wrap!.
- Once the meat mixture has been wrapped and the water is boiling, put the Momos in the steamer and steam it for 20 minutes. If the steamer has two tiers, make sure that you switch the tiers at 10 minute mark, so that each tier of Momos are cooked properly..
- Once cooked, remove the Momos from the steamer and serve immediately. To serve, add the desired amount of the Momos in a bowl and pour some chilled achaar over it..
- Refrigerate the leftover Momos and achaar. Eat within 3 days..
Mo Mo est un des rares endroits à Bruxelles où la sincérité et l'authenticité rime avec le bien manger. Momo est le nom tibétain pour désigner les fameux raviolis tibétains. Ils sont encore méconnu dans notre région, c'est pourquoi, nous avons choisi ce nom pour nos. Nepali food, which is simple and subtle in flavor, is prepared by using unique blend of common ingredients and spices. Momos are an Asian dumpling that are a delicacy in Here is the recipe as I know it and I hope you will love it!
Yummy of Nepali dumplings (Mo:Mo)
Many people consume Nepali dumplings (Mo:Mo) as a morning meal or main food.
#How To Cook Nepali dumplings (Mo:Mo), #Cooking Nepali dumplings (Mo:Mo), #Simple Recipe Nepali dumplings (Mo:Mo), #Simple direction Nepali dumplings (Mo:Mo), #Homemade Nepali dumplings (Mo:Mo), #Step by step cooking Nepali dumplings (Mo:Mo), #Delicous Nepali dumplings (Mo:Mo), #How To Make Nepali dumplings (Mo:Mo), #Food Nepali dumplings (Mo:Mo)