Of the winter soups, leek and potato is one of the most comforting and familiar - and Darina Allen's makes the most of seasonal, local veg. How to make a simple leek and potato soup. well if you don't this is the step by step video recipe is for you. we are looking to day at the french classic soup called the "Potage parmentier" which is a simple but delicious creamy leek and potatoes and soup. Baking the potatoes will give your soup a more emphatic potato flavour. You can cook Leek in my potato soup by using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve Leek in my potato soup.
Ingredients of Leek in my potato soup
- You need to prepare 3 of large leeks, washed.
- Prepare 1 of small yellow onion.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic, pressed or chopped.
- Prepare 2 of large baking potatoes.
- You need to prepare 8 cups of water or chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of basil.
- Prepare 3 slices of bacon (optional).
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt (if no bacon).
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 cup of milk.
- You need to prepare 1 stick of butter (4 tbsp).
Prick the potatoes several times with a skewer, to prevent them exploding in the Fry the leeks in butter, then add the chopped, unskinned potatoes and stir to coat, before adding the stock. Leek and Potato Soup is a thick and creamy classic French Potato Soup that starts with garlic butter in which leeks are slowly sautéed to bring out the sweet flavour. It's simple to make, cosy and comforting yet also luxurious and elegant. I love how this Leek Soup can be Couch Food OR an.
Leek in my potato soup step by step
- Get a big pot.. this makes a lot and feel free to cut this in half, works well.wash, peel and slice the potatoes..
- If you opt for bacon (which adds and amazing flavor) cook it now... crispy but not burnt.
- Slice the leeks and onions first, and your garlic.. (use the green part of the leeks... adds colour to the soup)melt the butter in the pot on high heat stirring well then add the leeks and onions until they look soft. Add garlic and let cook for a few minutes.. stir making sure nothing burns or sticks.
- Toss in the broth or water, potatoes, basil or salt if no bacon..
- Boil and bring to a simmer for 45 mins or until the potatoes are soft..
- Use an immersion blender or transfer mixture to a stand blender until smooth.
- Return entire mixture to pot and add milk.. summer for a few minutes until it looks nice and mixed...
- Please enjoy.. this was taken from 100 year old Scottish cook book my family has passed down to me. Serve with a hearty bread.
This savory leek and potato soup can be left chunky or blended smooth, but the best part is the crunchy garnish that tops each bowl. While many recipes using leeks call for discarding the tougher, more fibrous green tops, we reserve them, slice 'em real thin, and stir-fry them until crispy and golden. A smooth, creamy leek and potato soup that's full of flavour. Make it into a meal with plenty of bread and butter. In a large, thick-based saucepan, gently melt the butter, then add the leeks, onions and potatoes, stirring them all round with a wooden spoon Now you can put the whole lot into a blender - leave it to cool a little first - and blend to a purée.
Yummy of Leek in my potato soup
Many people consume Leek in my potato soup as a day meal or main food.
#How To Cook Leek in my potato soup, #Cooking Leek in my potato soup, #Simple Recipe Leek in my potato soup, #Simple direction Leek in my potato soup, #Homemade Leek in my potato soup, #Step by step cooking Leek in my potato soup, #Delicous Leek in my potato soup, #How To Make Leek in my potato soup, #Food Leek in my potato soup