How to Make ~ Mom's Goulash ~. Goulash in the style of southern Hungary. Serve with buttered noodles, dumplings, or spaetzle if you like. We can cook Mom's Szkeley Goulash by using 13 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook Mom's Szkeley Goulash.
Ingredients of Mom's Szkeley Goulash
- Prepare 2 lb of sauerkraut (imported from Germany or Hungary is best).
- You need to prepare 2 tbsp of caraway seeds.
- Prepare 6 strips of bacon.
- You need to prepare 1 of onion chopped.
- Prepare 1 of green pepper chopped.
- You need to prepare 3 cloves of garlic chopped.
- Prepare 1 pound of Hungarian sausage (Polish sausage will work too.).
- Prepare 1 pound of pork roast, cubed (pork shoulder, pork stew meat etc.).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of sweet Hungarian paprika.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of smoked Hungarian paprika.
- You need to prepare 1/2 tbsp of hot Hungarian paprika.
- You need to prepare 8-12 oz of Sour Cream more or less as you like it.
- You need to prepare of (Or use Greek yogurt, or leave it out entirely).
Featured in: Food; Pass The Goulash. Szekely Goulash Szekely Goulash Szekely Goulash. When you need comfort food, this Better-than-Mom's Stovetop Goulash that uses macaroni, tomatoes, and ground. De Szekely versie van goulash is een gezonde variant van dit Hongaarse streekgerecht, met veel zuurkool.
Mom's Szkeley Goulash step by step
- First off, this should be made the day before you intend to serve it (New Year's Eve before the party starts) but it'll be good on the same day as well (provided you're not too terribly hungover 😁.).
- Drain and rinse the sauerkraut in a colander.
- Squeeze excess water out of the sauerkraut and put it in a large pot with a lid.
- Add the caraway seeds to the sauerkraut and add just enough water to cover. Mix it up, put the lid on the pot and let it simmer on low to medium heat for at least 3 hours to allow the caraway flavor to soak into the sauerkraut. Stir occasionally..
- After the sauerkraut has been simmering for 3 hours, in a separate skillet (preferably cast iron) cook the bacon until it's well done..
- Add the chopped onion and green pepper to the bacon and sautee till the onions are translucent (about 7 to 10 minutes).
- Add the chopped garlic to the onion, green pepper and bacon and cook for 3 to 5 minutes more.
- Add the pork to the pan till browned.
- Add the bacon, onion, green pepper, garlic and pork to the pot with the sauerkraut..
- Cut the sausage into bite-size pieces and put it in with the sauerkraut.
- Now let that simmer for at least 2 hours on low to medium heat. Stir occasionally..
- After two hours or so, the pork should be tender enough to cut with a spoon, if it isn't let it simmer a bit longer. But that's when you know it's done. Let it cool down..
- Once it's cooled to about room temperature, add the sour cream, mix well and heat it up again, stirring occasionally..
- At this point you can serve it, but it's better if you let it come back to room temperature and put it in the fridge overnight, heat it up again, and eat it the next day. I guarantee this won't be enough!.
Sekeli gulaš Szekely goulash recipe recept. Postoji priča da je sekeli gulaš nastao sasvim slučajno, kada je novinar Jozsef Szekely došao poprilično kasno u gostionu, a vlasnik nije imao gotovo ništa za. Segedínský Guláš also known as Székely Gulyás or Szegediner Gulasch is a pork goulash that's simmered together with sauerkraut, onions and peppers until it's fall apart tender. Ryan Zirkle - Szekely (Hungarian Style Goulash). I Don't Know How To Cook: Hungarian Goulash.
Yummy of Mom's Szkeley Goulash
Many people consume Mom's Szkeley Goulash as a morning meal or main food.
#How To Cook Mom's Szkeley Goulash, #Cooking Mom's Szkeley Goulash, #Simple Recipe Mom's Szkeley Goulash, #Simple direction Mom's Szkeley Goulash, #Homemade Mom's Szkeley Goulash, #Step by step cooking Mom's Szkeley Goulash, #Delicous Mom's Szkeley Goulash, #How To Make Mom's Szkeley Goulash, #Food Mom's Szkeley Goulash