Introducing the authentic Chinese sweet and sour pork made with lightly battered pork, pan-fried until crispy, juicy, and tender, then tossed in a fragrant sticky sauce with a perfectly balanced sweet and sour taste. Sweet and Sour Pork is a Cantonese dish (咕嚕肉 or gū lō yuk) where tender pieces of pork are deep fried until crispy and then stir fried with vegetables and pineapple in a sweet and sour sauce. Its characteristic orange-red color comes from ketchup, which makes it especially appealing to kids and. We can cook Sweet and sour pork in one pan by using 13 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook Sweet and sour pork in one pan.
Ingredients of Sweet and sour pork in one pan
- You need to prepare 1 1/2 pounds of pork loin cut into 1-2 inch cubes.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of cornstarch.
- Prepare 1 of ⁄4 cup vegetable or canola oil.
- You need to prepare of ----------------------------------------.
- You need to prepare of Sauce: (This is the best sauce I have ever made!).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need to prepare 4 tablespoons of ketchup.
- You need to prepare 1/4 cup of white vinegar.
- You need to prepare 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of pineapple juice.
- You need to prepare 2 tablespoons of low sodium soy sauce.
- You need to prepare 1 tablespoon of garlic minced.
- You need to prepare of (I omitted the 1 tablespoon ginger minced).
Sweet and Sour Pork is an iconic Chinese recipe and classic Cantonese dish. Called "咕嚕肉" or "goo lou yok" in Cantonese dialect, this recipe is very pleasing to the palate because of the flavorsome sweet and sour sauce—the sweetness from sugar plus the tangy ketchup and sharp rice. Making sweet and sour sauce is easier than you think. It is composed of sugar, vinegar, and ketchup.
Sweet and sour pork in one pan step by step
- Start the Rice before you cook the Pork.
- In a large zip top bag, toss the pork pieces with the cornstarch well so every piece is covered. Set aside..
- Add all the "Sauce" ingredients to a bowl and whisk together to combine. Set aside.
- Add the vegetable oil to a large pan over medium- high heat..
- Once the oil is hot, add the pork and fry on medium-high heat until crispy and golden. Toss the pieces to make sure you cook them evenly. Cook until golden and crispy, about 7-10 minutes..
- Drain excess oil from pan..
- Give the sauce a quick stir, as some ingredients are on the bottom of the bowl, and add it to the pan..
- Stir to coat well the pork for about 30 seconds to 1 minute, until sauce has thickened..
- If the sauce is not as thick as you want, mix separately 1 tablespoon of cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of water and add it to the pan. (never had this issue).
- Wait for the sauce to start to boil, after that remove the pan from heat..
- Serve immediately with rice..
- Sorry for no picture, but it didn't hag around long enough after cooking..
The sauce provides flavor to the entire dish. Combine the flour and cornstarch in a bowl then mix until both ingredients are evenly distributed. Dip the marinated pork in beaten egg then on the flour and. You can choose pork butt (pork shoulder) or pork belly to make this sweet and sour pork. But I do not recommend using pork tenderloin since too little And prepare the sweet and sour sauce in advance.
Yummy of Sweet and sour pork in one pan
Many people consume Sweet and sour pork in one pan as a daylight meal or main food.
#How To Cook Sweet and sour pork in one pan, #Cooking Sweet and sour pork in one pan, #Simple Recipe Sweet and sour pork in one pan, #Simple direction Sweet and sour pork in one pan, #Homemade Sweet and sour pork in one pan, #Step by step cooking Sweet and sour pork in one pan, #Delicous Sweet and sour pork in one pan, #How To Make Sweet and sour pork in one pan, #Food Sweet and sour pork in one pan