There's LEVELS to cooking Jamaican style curry and now that you're learning. Slow Cooker Chicken Curry - lip-smacking creamy curry chicken in a perfect blend of homemade Jamaican curry powder and other spices. This Original Jamaican Curry Chicken Recipe is flavorful, tasty, finger licking with just the right amount of spice in a beautiful curry gravy. You can cook Jamaican Curry Chicken by using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve Jamaican Curry Chicken.
Ingredients of Jamaican Curry Chicken
- You need to prepare 3-4 of lbs. Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs (Cut Bite Size).
- Prepare 1 of Large Yellow Onion (Roughly Chopped).
- You need to prepare 1 Bunch of Green Onions (Roughly Chopped).
- You need to prepare 1 of 1"- 2" Piece of Fresh Ginger (Peeled & Roughly Chopped).
- Prepare 4-5 Cloves of Garlic (Roughly Chopped).
- You need to prepare 1-2 of Scotch Bonnet Peppers (Habanero Peppers Can Be Subbed).
- You need to prepare 1/2 Cup of Fresh Cilantro.
- Prepare 6-8 Sprigs of Fresh Thyme (Pulled Off Stems).
- You need to prepare 1/2 Cup of Jamaican Curry Powder.
- You need to prepare 1 lb. of Gold Potatoes (Cut into 2" Cubes).
- Prepare 4 Cups of Chicken Broth.
- You need to prepare 1/4 Cup of Olive or Veg Oil.
- You need to prepare 1 tsp. of Salt Divided (Or to Taste).
- You need to prepare 1 tsp. of Black Pepper (Or to Taste).
I can eat curry chicken for the rest of my life and be just alright! I love curry, but I would be lying if I said there isn't a soft spot in my heart for Jamaican curry. Curry chicken was first introduced to Jamaica by Indian immigrants who brought many different spices and even fruits to Jamaica. This has been a staple of almost every Jamaican home for centuries.
Jamaican Curry Chicken step by step
- Add Onion, Green Onions, Ginger, Garlic, 1 Scotch Bonnet Pepper, Thyme, Cilantro, & 1/2 of the Salt to a Food Processor. Pulse Until Well Combined..
- Pour Marinade in a Freezer Bag with the Cut Up Chicken Thighs. Seal and Refrigerate for 1 - 2 Hours. (Overnight is Best).
- In a High Walled Pot, Add Curry Powder, and Toast over Low Heat until Aromatic..
- Add Marinated Chicken to Pot and Mix Well with Curry. Add Rest of Salt, Black Pepper, and Gold Potatoes. Stir..
- Pour Chicken Broth over Chicken and Potatoes..
- Cover and Bring to a Boil. Once Boiling, Turn Down to a Low Simmer. Cook for 25 Minutes..
- Uncover, and Add the Other Chopped Scotch Bonnet or Habanero Pepper if using one. Skip This Step if You Don't Like it Too Spicy..
- Cook Uncovered for Another 30 Minutes or Until the Chicken is Tender and the Sauce is Thickened to Your Liking..
- Serve Alone or With Rice. (I like Jasmine Rice).
First of all, Jamaican curried chicken (not chicken curry btw) is extremely yellow, not this pale Well I'm Jamaican and so is my mother, father and grandparents and our Curry Chicken is not done this. This Jamaican chicken curry recipe will hit the spot if you are looking for strong and assertive flavors! Jamaican curry chicken with potatoes is a little taste of the Caribbean no matter where you are. Jamaican curry powder, scallions, fresh thyme and habanero or scotch bonnet. Prepare the Jamaican curry chicken by seasoning and sauteeing the chicken and vegetables.
Yummy of Jamaican Curry Chicken
Many people consume Jamaican Curry Chicken as a daylight meal or main food.
#How To Cook Jamaican Curry Chicken, #Cooking Jamaican Curry Chicken, #Simple Recipe Jamaican Curry Chicken, #Simple direction Jamaican Curry Chicken, #Homemade Jamaican Curry Chicken, #Step by step cooking Jamaican Curry Chicken, #Delicous Jamaican Curry Chicken, #How To Make Jamaican Curry Chicken, #Food Jamaican Curry Chicken