Lemon rice is a comfort food at many homes. Lemon Rice also known as chitranna or nimmakaya pulihora is a crunchy, flavorful and tangy dish that is easy to make and tastes so good. Lemon juice, fried nuts, aromatic herbs and spices combine. You can cook Chitranna/ lemon rice by using 19 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve Chitranna/ lemon rice.
Ingredients of Chitranna/ lemon rice
- You need to prepare 1 cup of uncooked rice.
- You need to prepare 2 tbsp of oil.
- You need to prepare 1/2 tsp of mustard seeds.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds.
- You need to prepare 1 of dry red chilly.
- You need to prepare 1 tsp of udad dal.
- You need to prepare 1/4 tsp of hing.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder.
- You need to prepare 5-6 of curry leaves.
- Prepare 1 of green chilly.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Mustard powder.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of peanuts.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of roasted chana.
- Prepare of Juice from 1/2 a lime.
- Prepare of Salt per taste.
- Prepare of Garnish.
- Prepare of Coconut.
- Prepare of Cilantro.
- Prepare of Cashews.
Chitranna or lemon rice without onion is explained here with step by step pictures and video. This type of chitranna or lemon rice is in practice across malnad region of Karnataka. The Lemon Rice Recipe also known as Elumichai Sadam in Tamil or Chitranna in Karnataka is a rice that is packed with flavors from lemon, green chillies and curry leaves. To make chitranna, which translates to "mixed rice" in Kannada, bright yellow rice, colored Squeeze juice from lemon into chitranna.
Chitranna/ lemon rice instructions
- Cook the rice with 1 and half cup water so it becomes fluffed and grains are non sticky..
- Heat oil in a kadhai. Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds. Once they crackle add udad dal, hing, dry red chilly, curry leaves, green chillyand turmeric powder..
- Now add peanuts and roasted chana(dalia) to this. Roast the peanuts until crisp..
- Add this tempering to the cooked and cooled rice. Add salt, mustard powder and lemon juice. Mix well..
- Garnish with coconut, cilantro and cashews..
- Option to use grated raw mango instead of lemon. Enjoy this quick wholesome dish..
Lemon rice is a rice-based dish widely prepared in South India. This recipe is also one of a kind as it doesn't get easily spoiled. It is the best to pack in lunch boxes when going on long trips. Lemon Rice also called chitranna is very popular South-Indian recipe that can be served for Cook the rice according to package instructions. If you are using left over rice ignore this step.
Yummy of Chitranna/ lemon rice
Many people consume Chitranna/ lemon rice as a hours of daylight meal or main food.
#How To Cook Chitranna/ lemon rice, #Cooking Chitranna/ lemon rice, #Simple Recipe Chitranna/ lemon rice, #Simple direction Chitranna/ lemon rice, #Homemade Chitranna/ lemon rice, #Step by step cooking Chitranna/ lemon rice, #Delicous Chitranna/ lemon rice, #How To Make Chitranna/ lemon rice, #Food Chitranna/ lemon rice