Wedding soup consists of green vegetables (usually endive and escarole or cabbage, lettuce, kale, and/or spinach) and meat. This Italian wedding soup recipe is simple to make and the absolute BEST thing to eat! My whole family loves it, and yours will, too. You can cook Italian wedding soup by using 18 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook Italian wedding soup.
Ingredients of Italian wedding soup
- You need to prepare of meatballs.
- Prepare 1 of small onion. grated.
- You need to prepare 1/3 cup of chopped fresh italian parsley.
- Prepare 1 of large egg.
- You need to prepare 1 tsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 slice of fresh white bread crust trimmed, torn into small pieces.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of grated parmesan.
- Prepare 8 oz of ground beef.
- You need to prepare 8 oz of ground pork.
- You need to prepare 1 of freshly ground black pepper.
- You need to prepare of soup.
- Prepare 12 cup of low sodium chicken broth.
- You need to prepare 1 lb of curly endive or escarole chopped.
- Prepare 2 of large eggs.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of freshly grated parmesan.
- Prepare 1 of salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 box of acini di pepe pasta.
This Italian wedding soup is meatballs, vegetables, greens and pasta all simmered together in a savory broth. The perfect way to warm up on a cold day! Calling this "Italian wedding soup" is somewhat of a misnomer since the dish is unrelated to weddings. The whole family loves this Italian wedding soup with tender meatballs, veggies and pasta in a rich, flavorful broth.
Italian wedding soup instructions
- To make the meatballs: stir the first 6 ingredients in a large bowl to blend. Stir in the cheese, beef and pork. Using 1 1/2 teaspoons for each, shape the meat mixture into 1/2 inch diameter meatballs. Place on a baking sheet..
- To make the soup: bring the broth to a boil in a large pot over medium high heat. Add the meatballs, curly endive and pasta and simmer until meatballs and pasta are cooked through. About 8 minutes. Whisk the eggs and cheese in a bowl to blend. Stir the soup in a circular motion. Gradually drizzle the egg mixture into the moving broth, stirring gently with a fork to form thin stands of egg, about 1 minute. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish with parmesan..
Served at every Italian-American wedding across the nation, Italian Wedding Soup is something no self-respecting Italian-American couple would ever think of getting married without it. Italian Wedding Soup from Delish.com is a comforting bowl of goodness. Try This Hearty Italian Wedding Soup. by Delish US. Italian wedding soup has long been one of my favorite soups, but it's one I've never made myself, as I always assumed it was a chore to make all those meatballs before making the soup itself. Our Italian wedding soup recipe marries homemade meatballs with a rich and savory broth.
Yummy of Italian wedding soup
Many people consume Italian wedding soup as a day meal or main food.
#How To Cook Italian wedding soup, #Cooking Italian wedding soup, #Simple Recipe Italian wedding soup, #Simple direction Italian wedding soup, #Homemade Italian wedding soup, #Step by step cooking Italian wedding soup, #Delicous Italian wedding soup, #How To Make Italian wedding soup, #Food Italian wedding soup