We can cook Japanese Cotton Cheesecake using 11 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook Japanese Cotton Cheesecake.
Ingredients of Japanese Cotton Cheesecake
- You need to prepare 250 g of cream cheese (room temp).
- Prepare 220 ml of heavy whipping cream.
- Prepare 40 g of caster sugar (fine granulated sugar).
- Prepare 6 of egg yolks.
- You need to prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need to prepare 1 tbs of lemon or orange zest.
- You need to prepare 100 g of cake flour.
- Prepare 40 g of corn starch.
- You need to prepare 6 of egg whites.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cream of tartar (or lemon juice).
- Prepare 100 g of caster sugar.
Japanese Cotton Cheesecake step by step
- Preheat oven to 320F.
- Lay parchment paper in 9in pan, optionally, lay it around the pan as well.
- Over a small saucepan of boiling water, melt the 250g cream cheese, 220ml heavy whipping cream, and 40g caster sugar.
- When mixture is completely dissolved, set aside, when it is partly cooled, combine 6 egg yolks, 1tsp vanilla extract, and 1 tbs lemon zest, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine 100g cake flour, 40g corn starch, mix well and sift several times.
- Start boiling water for water bath.
- Combine the flour into the egg yolk mixture.
- Beat the 6 egg whites, and 1/2 tsp lemon juice, slowly adding the 100g caster sugar until soft tips form.
- Fold 1/3 of the egg whites into the egg yolks mixture gently, then add another 1/3, then the final third..
- Pour into the parchment paper laid pan, set into the water bath pan, and add the hot water into the bath (should be at least up to half the cake pan size).
- Bake at 390F for 18 minutes, until the top is slightly golden.
- Reduce the heat to 285F for another 20-30minutes.
- Turn off the heat, another 30 minutes doors closed, and remove the water bath, open the oven door to cool the cake gradually.
- Take the cake out, and cool rest of the way before refrigerating.
- Dust with powdered sugar before serving..
Yummy of Japanese Cotton Cheesecake
Many people consume Japanese Cotton Cheesecake as a morning meal or main food.
#How To Cook Japanese Cotton Cheesecake, #Cooking Japanese Cotton Cheesecake, #Simple Recipe Japanese Cotton Cheesecake, #Simple direction Japanese Cotton Cheesecake, #Homemade Japanese Cotton Cheesecake, #Step by step cooking Japanese Cotton Cheesecake, #Delicous Japanese Cotton Cheesecake, #How To Make Japanese Cotton Cheesecake, #Food Japanese Cotton Cheesecake