We can cook My Homemade Stuffing using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve My Homemade Stuffing.
Ingredients of My Homemade Stuffing
- Prepare 1 loaf of day old sourdough or white bread, cut into ½ inch cubes.
- You need to prepare 4 stalks of celery chopped or ½ tsp celery seed if no stalks.
- You need to prepare 1 of white or yellow onion, diced.
- Prepare 3 of garlic cloves, minced.
- You need to prepare 6 tbsp of butter.
- You need to prepare 3 tbsp of Italian seasoning.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of ground sage.
- You need to prepare 2-3 cups of chicken broth.
- Prepare 2 of large eggs.
- You need to prepare 1/2 tsp of salt or to taste.
- You need to prepare 1/4 tsp of ground black pepper.
My Homemade Stuffing step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees..
- Cut bread into cubes and transfer into the biggest bowl you have..
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add celery and onions and stir for 2-3 minutes until celery is tender and onions are translucent. Stir in garlic and cook 1 minute longer until fragrant..
- Add celery mixture to bread bowl. Whisk together eggs, Italian seasoning, sage, broth, and salt and pepper. Pour half over the bread, toss to coat. Pour remaining half over the bread, and toss to coat once more..
- Transfer it to a greased 9x13 baking pan..
- Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes. Uncover and bake another 30 minutes or until top is golden brown. Serve fresh (for best results!) or allow to cool completely, then cover tightly and refrigerate up to 5 days..
- NOTES: •This recipe can easily be doubled, just bake it in a 9x13 inch pan or on an extra large baking sheet. •Italian blend seasoning can be subbed with 1 teaspoon each: dried thyme, dried rosemary, and dried parsley..
Yummy of My Homemade Stuffing
Many people consume My Homemade Stuffing as a hours of daylight meal or main food.
#How To Cook My Homemade Stuffing, #Cooking My Homemade Stuffing, #Simple Recipe My Homemade Stuffing, #Simple direction My Homemade Stuffing, #Homemade My Homemade Stuffing, #Step by step cooking My Homemade Stuffing, #Delicous My Homemade Stuffing, #How To Make My Homemade Stuffing, #Food My Homemade Stuffing