Cater for a crowd with this easy, hearty chicken casserole that evokes summer in Provence using a fragrant selection of herbs, tomatoes, olives and. Casseroles are the king of one-pot meals, and this cheesy chicken and rice recipe delivers. Everything, even the rice, cooks in a single baking dish so all you have to do is pop it into the oven. You can cook White sauce cheesy chicken casserole using 14 ingredients and 28 steps. Here is how you achieve White sauce cheesy chicken casserole.
Ingredients of White sauce cheesy chicken casserole
- Prepare of For the gravy:.
- Prepare 3 cups of milk.
- You need to prepare 1/2 cup of flour.
- You need to prepare 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of pepper (ground).
- Prepare 1/2 tablespoons of salt (or more to taste).
- You need to prepare of For the chicken:.
- You need to prepare 2 of large chicken breast.
- You need to prepare 3 cups of water.
- You need to prepare of For the rest of the ingredients:.
- You need to prepare 1 LB of frozen vegetables (assorted) (like peas and carrots).
- Prepare 1 LB of sharp cheddar cheese (brick).
- Prepare of Salt.
- You need to prepare of Pepper.
In under an hour, you have juicy, white meat chicken covered with melted cheddar cheese over a bed. Chicken a la King is chicken in a cream sauce, often with mushrooms, frequently served over pasta. This casserole takes the dish to another level by adding pimientos, celery, and cheddar cheese and baking it all together under a layer of buttery breadcrumbs. Chicken Florentine casserole, which can also be adapted with either fish or shrimp, lies on a bed of spinach leaves and mushrooms, has a creamy white sauce mixed with garlic, Parmesan cheese, and Italian Cheesy chicken-broccoli casserole.
White sauce cheesy chicken casserole step by step
- For the gravy:.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet on medium heat.
- Add 1/4 cup of the flour and stir the butter and flour until lightly combined.
- Add the milk.
- Stir with a whisk for 12 minutes.
- Add the rest of the flour to help thicken.
- Stir (consistently) for another 5 minutes.
- Add pepper and salt.
- (If it is not very thick, add another small handful of flour until thick) (never stop stirring).
- Take off heat once thick.
- For the chicken:.
- Boil water.
- Add chicken to the water and let boil until the chicken is soft, tender, and completely cooked.
- Shred the chicken.
- For the rest:.
- Let the frozen veggies thaw.
- Shred the cheese brick.
- For assemble:.
- Mix together the vegetables, chicken, and gravy.
- Place the gravy mix on the bottom of a 9x13 in glass casserole dish.
- Top the gravy mixture with salt and pepper.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake until cheese is melted!.
- Notes: the cheese must be in a block. It will be better than already shredded cheese..
- It is best to assemble all your ingredients before cooking. This is a quick recipe and will be best if you are not running around looking for ingredients.
- It is best to make the chicken first so that it is ready when you need it!.
Eat as-is or serve over mashed potatoes or rice. For lighter and more sensitive palates, reduce the hot sauce measurement by half. Wait until you try this fabulous Cheesy Chicken and Wild Rice Casserole. To prepare cheese sauce melt butter into a medium saucepan over medium high heat. Whisk in flour, salt and pepper then slowly pour in chicken broth whisking continuously.
Yummy of White sauce cheesy chicken casserole
Many people consume White sauce cheesy chicken casserole as a morning meal or main food.
#How To Cook White sauce cheesy chicken casserole, #Cooking White sauce cheesy chicken casserole, #Simple Recipe White sauce cheesy chicken casserole, #Simple direction White sauce cheesy chicken casserole, #Homemade White sauce cheesy chicken casserole, #Step by step cooking White sauce cheesy chicken casserole, #Delicous White sauce cheesy chicken casserole, #How To Make White sauce cheesy chicken casserole, #Food White sauce cheesy chicken casserole