One glance at this tuna noodle casserole as it comes out of the oven, golden and bubbly, and your family will be sold. Although the recipe calls for egg noodles. If you're looking for a healthy tuna noodle casserole made from scratch, look no further! We can cook Tuna noodle casserole by using 18 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook Tuna noodle casserole.
Ingredients of Tuna noodle casserole
- Prepare 12 oz of pkg egg noodles.
- You need to prepare 1 Tbsp of olive oil.
- You need to prepare 1 of med diced white onion.
- You need to prepare 2 stalks of diced celery.
- Prepare 3 cloves of minced garlic.
- You need to prepare 1-1/2 tsp of crushed red pepper flakes.
- You need to prepare 8 oz of sliced mushroom.
- You need to prepare 5 Tbsp of unsalted butter.
- You need to prepare 1/3 Cup of flour.
- Prepare 3 Cups of milk.
- You need to prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need to prepare 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1-1/2 Cup of frozen peas.
- You need to prepare 3 (5 oz) of cans tuna, drained.
- Prepare 1-1/2 Cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- You need to prepare 3 Tbsp of unsalted butter, melted.
- You need to prepare 4 Tbsp of bread crumbs.
- Prepare of Cooking spray.
This lightened up tuna noodle casserole is made with a creamy, but light parmesan mushroom sauce, noodles. This classic tuna noodle casserole recipe combines tuna, egg noodles, cream of mushroom soup, peas, and cheddar cheese to make a creamy comforting casserole with a crunchy crumb topping. The Best Tuna Casserole is SO easy to make! Made with a simple from scratch sauce, egg noodles, tuna, peas and a crunchy Panko-Parmesan topping.
Tuna noodle casserole instructions
- Preheat oven to 375..
- Boil egg noodles in a large pot of salted water until al dente, about 8-10 mins. Drain..
- Put olive oil in a skillet over med heat. Stir in onion, celery, garlic & red pepper flake. Cook 5 mins..
- Turn to med-hi. Add mushrooms and cook additional 5 mins..
- In large saucepan, melt 5 Tblsp butter. Whisk in flour until smooth. Gradually add milk and cook until thickened. Add salt and pepper..
- Stir peas, tuna, vegetable mixture with noodles in the large pot. Add milk mixture..
- Stir in cheese..
- Spray a large baking dish with cooking spray and transfer mixture from saucepan..
- In a small bowl, melt 2 Tblsp butter. Mix in bread crumbs until moistened. Sprinkle over top casserole..
- Bake approximately 20 minutes..
Tuna Noodle Casserole is a classic American dish. Egg noodles are combined with canned tuna in a creamy sauce and then baked. Peas are a classic addition and sometimes you see corn mixed in as. Egg noodles are a must for tuna noodle casserole. They hold up well to boiling and then baking, and the sauce clings to their slightly furled shape.
Yummy of Tuna noodle casserole
Many people consume Tuna noodle casserole as a hours of daylight meal or main food.
#How To Cook Tuna noodle casserole, #Cooking Tuna noodle casserole, #Simple Recipe Tuna noodle casserole, #Simple direction Tuna noodle casserole, #Homemade Tuna noodle casserole, #Step by step cooking Tuna noodle casserole, #Delicous Tuna noodle casserole, #How To Make Tuna noodle casserole, #Food Tuna noodle casserole