You can cook Wholewheat flat breads using 7 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve Wholewheat flat breads.
Ingredients of Wholewheat flat breads
- Prepare 2 of and 1/4 cups wholewheat stoneground flourregular mugs measure).
- Prepare 3/4 cup of plain flour.
- You need to prepare 4 tablespoons of butter about 40 grams.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of cooking oil.
- You need to prepare 3/4 cup of milk.and 1/4 cup water.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of full regular salt.
- You need to prepare of More cooking oil as required for cooking(can leave out if prefer.
Wholewheat flat breads directions
- In a large bowl,add the flour,butter oil and salt..mix with hand tips until all butter well combined and you can slightly squize the crumbly dough in between the palm of hands and it can hold together briefly.this means the mixing and ingredients are ok Alhamdulillah.
- Next add 3/4 room temp or warmish milk and 1/4 water.NOT COLD.the dough needs to be medium.not too soft not tough but soft e enough to workable easily.can test this if dough is not breaking when stretched and not falling apart or.also if it is easily formed into a rod shape..
- .make a long- ish rod about 15 inches long and 2 inch wide,then cut of 10 rounds from this rod..for easier size cut rod in half and then cut 5 ball from each rod..
- Now can divide the dough into 10 medium same sized dough rounds.try make them same sizesmake these movements; tucking the dough in while at same time you turning them(moving them as if twisting) the rounds, til get a smoothened dough rounds...
- .then dust surface and bases well, with flour and put back in your bowl.arrange so they fit all together, then now set aside,covered with cling film.. can also refrigerate until cooking time..note that this dough also freezes very well and is easily defrosted..and produce fresh chapati on being revived by simple defrosting.
- Now,if cooking at time of preparing.these would need to sit for a while in the fridge or room temp for at least 15 to 20 mins to be nice and soft.then you can start to roll them..
- There is a small technique can be used to get rounder and smoother edges if they are abit crooked and crankly.. so just carve the edges using your very hands and edges of the bottom of your smallest finger as if you are bringing the sides in.and moulding into position..so you are tidying up the ends to create a smooth circular shape InshaAllah!!.
- .and cook them in at hot pan.wait for them to rise steady in the pan.This is important step to ensure cooked thru and soft Inshaallah....turn over once its stops rising and then add a teaspoon of oil under the chapati inorder to give nice color and spottynes on the other side...use a flattening spatula to press down.
- Press down while turning them until nicely browned and not over cooked as they will turn into crisp biskutis..if want flexible soft chapati make this step a must inshaAllah...in other word this us where chapati flexibility is obtained if you like,... InshaAllah @ heating techniques.
- Then you can see that the chapati can be rolled into flexible shapes.and serve as preferred.Bismillah enjoy while warm.once totally cooled store in air tight conainer or dish or rolled in food bags.
- Best with a cuppa tea! or lovely a drink as serving suggests inshaAllah..
Yummy of Wholewheat flat breads
Many people consume Wholewheat flat breads as a daylight meal or main food.
#How To Cook Wholewheat flat breads, #Cooking Wholewheat flat breads, #Simple Recipe Wholewheat flat breads, #Simple direction Wholewheat flat breads, #Homemade Wholewheat flat breads, #Step by step cooking Wholewheat flat breads, #Delicous Wholewheat flat breads, #How To Make Wholewheat flat breads, #Food Wholewheat flat breads