We can cook Paneer Masala using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook Paneer Masala.
Ingredients of Paneer Masala
- You need to prepare Teaspoon of ghee.
- Prepare 1 of large chopped white onion.
- Prepare 1 of heaped teaspoon crushed garlic.
- You need to prepare 2 packs of paneer (cut into cubes).
- Prepare Tin of chopped tomatoes.
- Prepare Tin of half fat coconut milk.
- You need to prepare 1/2 teaspoon of chilli powder.
- You need to prepare 3 of mace flowers.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of water.
- You need to prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of mustard seeds.
- You need to prepare 1 teaspoon of fennel seeds.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of turmeric.
- You need to prepare 1 teaspoon of ginger powder.
- You need to prepare 1 teaspoon of cumin powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of coriander powder.
Paneer Masala directions
- To get the planner nice and soft I like to soak it before cooking in warm water for about an hour before cooking. I put my crushed garlic in the pan with heated ghee. My garlic is green yes! I tend to peel and crush a huge jar of garlic and add white vinegar to it and it preserves it in the fridge and I use this for cooking! Do a new one each month. Anyway after garlic is browning, add the chopped onion and fry for about 2-3 mins..
- Add all the spices and salt apart from the mustard seeds (add these at the end!) brown off the onions and garlic a little more and the smell of all the spices should be wonderful. Add a 1/4 cup of water after 2-3 minutes and keep simmering on a low heat..
- Remove the paneer from the water and place on kitchen paper. Then take from kitchen paper and add to the pan. Cook the paneer and stir around with the spices for 6-8 minutes. Once you are satisfied that the paneer has browned add one tin of chopped tomatoes. Cook covered for 5 minutes. Now remove lid and add the coconut milk and salt. Stir and cover and simmer on low heat for 20 minutes..
- In a separate pan after 20 minutes add tiny bit of ghee and the teaspoon of mustard seeds. Cook on high heat covered until they pop - this will be around 20 seconds. Pour on top to the paneer and stir into the sauce. You can garnish with coriander and we served with brown rice. Yum!.
Yummy of Paneer Masala
Many people consume Paneer Masala as a morning meal or main food.
#How To Cook Paneer Masala, #Cooking Paneer Masala, #Simple Recipe Paneer Masala, #Simple direction Paneer Masala, #Homemade Paneer Masala, #Step by step cooking Paneer Masala, #Delicous Paneer Masala, #How To Make Paneer Masala, #Food Paneer Masala