You can also add the spice powders first to hot oil. This Paneer Butter Masala recipe is a rich and creamy dish of paneer (cottage cheese) in a tomato, butter and cashew sauce (known as Makhani gravy). The dish has a lovely tang coming from the tomatoes and is slightly sweet with a creamy and velvety feel to it. We can cook Paneer butter mutter masala by using 15 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you cook Paneer butter mutter masala.
Ingredients of Paneer butter mutter masala
- Prepare 200 Grams of Paneer ( Indian cottage cheese).
- You need to prepare 1/2 Cup of green peas (mutter).
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of tomato puree.
- You need to prepare 1/3 Cup of onion puree.
- Prepare 1.5 Tablespoons of butter.
- Prepare 1/4 Teaspoon of cumin seeds.
- Prepare 1/4 Tablespoon of green chilli paste.
- Prepare 1 Teaspoon of garlic paste.
- Prepare 1/4 Teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- You need to prepare 1 Teaspoon of red chilli powder.
- You need to prepare 1/2 Teaspoon of garam masala.
- You need to prepare 1/4 Teaspoon of masala chat.
- Prepare To Taste of salt.
- You need to prepare 2 Tablespoons of cilantro coriander leaves chopped /.
- Prepare 1 Cup of water.
Learn how to make Paneer Butter Masala, a restaurant style recipe by chef Kanak. Paneer Butter Masala or Paneer Makhani is a very famous North Indian veg. Mutter Paneer Butter Masala, popular restaurant subzi which can be relished with naan. To make this paneer butter masala recipe, we start with boiling the tomatoes, onion, cashews, ginger and garlic.
Paneer butter mutter masala directions
- Cut paneer* into square pieces of 1 inch 1 inch in size.
- Take a pan and heat butter on medium heat for 20 seconds.
- Add cumin seeds and wait till it sizzles.
- Add onion puree and saute it for a minute.
- Add tomato puree and saute it for a minute.
- Add garlic paste, green chilli paste and mix it well.
- Keep the pan covered for 5-7 minutes on medium heat and stir it occasionally.
- Take another pan, add peas and 1 cup of water. Put it on medium heat.
- Add chilli powder, garam masala, chat masala, turmeric powder and salt, mix it well.
- Keep the pan covered for 4-5 minutes on slow heat and stir it occasionally.
- Drain the water from pan having peas and add peas to other pan on the stove top.
- Mix it well, cover the pan and let it cook for 2 minutes.
- Add paneer and mix it well, carefully stir it to keep the paneer pieces intact.
- Keep it on low heat for 3 minutes.
- Tasty dish is ready garnish it with cilantro/ coriander leaves.
- It is ready to be served with paratha/ naan.
- Note: * If you are using frozen paneer then take 1 glass of warm water in a pan and put the paneer for about 10-15 minutes so that paneer will become soft and you can easily cut it into slices..
Once the ingredients are boiled, they are pureed and then rest of the ingredients (including paneer) are added to the dish. But paneer butter masala has it's own place. Just in case you are wondering, paneer butter masala is also known as paneer makhani. They are made in a tomato based gravy and use oodles of butter and cream which gives the gravy. Add the chilli powder, cumin seeds powder, garam masala, dried fenugreek leaves and ½ cup of water.
Yummy of Paneer butter mutter masala
Many people consume Paneer butter mutter masala as a day meal or main food.
#How To Cook Paneer butter mutter masala, #Cooking Paneer butter mutter masala, #Simple Recipe Paneer butter mutter masala, #Simple direction Paneer butter mutter masala, #Homemade Paneer butter mutter masala, #Step by step cooking Paneer butter mutter masala, #Delicous Paneer butter mutter masala, #How To Make Paneer butter mutter masala, #Food Paneer butter mutter masala