We can cook Brown rice and tuna salad using 18 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook Brown rice and tuna salad.
Ingredients of Brown rice and tuna salad
- You need to prepare 1 cup of brown rice, cooked.
- Prepare 1 pc. of bell pepper or tomato, chopped.
- You need to prepare 1/2 pc. of cucumber, deseeded, chopped.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1/2 of onion, small, finely chopped.
- Prepare Handful of dried fruit / pineapple tidbits, drained.
- You need to prepare Handful of lettuce.
- You need to prepare of Protein & Spices.
- You need to prepare 1/2 can of chunky tuna in water/brine, drained.
- Prepare Handful of chopped walnuts.
- You need to prepare 1/8 cup of lemon / lime juice.
- Prepare Dash of salt, to taste (garlic salt is ok too).
- You need to prepare Dash of paprika or cayenne, to taste.
- Prepare Dash of olive oil, to taste.
- Prepare Dash of honey, to taste.
- Prepare of Optional.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of mayo-less egg salad (check my cookpad page for recipe)OR.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of hummus.
Brown rice and tuna salad step by step
- Wash and cook brown rice according to package instruction..
- Prepare your bell peppers, onion, and garlic: wash, slice, chop and place them all on a big bowl. [You also have to option to quick fry your onion and garlic if you like, before mixing them with other ingredients].
- On the same bowl, add in all the specified protein and spices [and the optional ingredients you fancy]. Set aside and cover while waiting for rice to cook..
- Wash your lettuce, then dry, and cut them into bite sizes by hands. Transfer 1 serving of lettuce on a serving bowl and set aside. Keep leftover lettuce on a ziplock bag and store in fridge. Note: Using a knife to cut lettuce makes lettuce taste bitter. Strange but true, based from experience..
- Soon as the brown rice is cooked. Take 1 cup rice. Add them to the bowl of quickly marinated veggies (w/o lettuce). Mix them well..
- For 1 serve, transfer 1/2 cup brown rice mixture on the serving bowl with lettuce and stir them a bit. Garnish with extra chopped walnuts or dried fruit if you want..
- Keep the brown rice mix leftovers on a container then store in fridge. And it would taste even better the next day! If the leftover mixture has cooled down, you can mix-in the lettuce before storing the meal in fridge. Or alternatively, just bring a ziplock of lettuce with your packed brown rice and mix them upon consumption. Enjoy!.
Yummy of Brown rice and tuna salad
Many people consume Brown rice and tuna salad as a daylight meal or main food.
#How To Cook Brown rice and tuna salad, #Cooking Brown rice and tuna salad, #Simple Recipe Brown rice and tuna salad, #Simple direction Brown rice and tuna salad, #Homemade Brown rice and tuna salad, #Step by step cooking Brown rice and tuna salad, #Delicous Brown rice and tuna salad, #How To Make Brown rice and tuna salad, #Food Brown rice and tuna salad