We can cook Sticky toffee pudding by using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook Sticky toffee pudding.
Ingredients of Sticky toffee pudding
- Prepare of For the cake:.
- You need to prepare 250 g of pitted dates.
- You need to prepare 100 g of butter, softened.
- You need to prepare 270 g of dark brown soft sugar.
- Prepare 3 of large eggs.
- Prepare 375 g of plain flour.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare of For the toffee sauce:.
- You need to prepare 200 ml of double cream.
- You need to prepare 215 g of caster sugar.
- Prepare 60 g of butter.
- You need to prepare of extra 200ml double cream, to mix into the toffee.
- Prepare of cream or ice-cream to serve.
Sticky toffee pudding directions
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/gas 4. Butter and line with parchment a round 20cm tin. Place the dates in a pan with 400ml water and bring to the boil. Cook them for 10-15 minutes until the liquid is almost gone. Puree in a blender and leave to cool..
- Meanwhile cream the butter with the sugar until smooth, add the eggs one by one, mixing continuously. Sieve in the flour with the baking powder and mix until combined. Finally, fold in the date puree with a spatula..
- Spoon the mixture into the tin, smooth the surface and bake for about 1 hour until a skewer inserted in the middle of the cake comes out with only a few crumbs. Cool the cake in the tin..
- Prepare the sauce: place the ingredients except the extra cream in a large pan – it will boil vigorously and bubble up to the top..
- Bring to the boil and cook on high heat stirring frequently, for about 20-30 minutes. When it thickens considerably and becomes dark gold, take it off the heat and beat in the extra cream. Don’t worry if the toffee starts splitting while cooking, the cold cream will smooth it out again..
- Cut the cake horizontally in three layers. Spread some warm sauce over each layer and re-assemble. Spoon some sauce over the top, reserving about a third to serve..
- To serve, warm the sauce up in a pan and the slices of cake in a microwave for 10-20 seconds, pour a little warm sauce over the slices and add a dollop of crème fraîche or ice cream. Gorgeously sickly!.
Yummy of Sticky toffee pudding
Many people consume Sticky toffee pudding as a morning meal or main food.
#How To Cook Sticky toffee pudding, #Cooking Sticky toffee pudding, #Simple Recipe Sticky toffee pudding, #Simple direction Sticky toffee pudding, #Homemade Sticky toffee pudding, #Step by step cooking Sticky toffee pudding, #Delicous Sticky toffee pudding, #How To Make Sticky toffee pudding, #Food Sticky toffee pudding