We can cook Malabari Chicken Biriyani using 35 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook Malabari Chicken Biriyani.
Ingredients of Malabari Chicken Biriyani
- You need to prepare of For chicken curry.
- You need to prepare 2 lbs of boneless and skinless chicken thighs cut into bite size pieces.
- You need to prepare 1 of large onion chopped fine.
- You need to prepare 1.5 tablespoons of ginger garlic paste.
- Prepare 3 of green chillies chopped.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of coriander leaves,chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of mint leaves,chopped.
- You need to prepare 1.5 tablespoon of canola oil/ ghee.
- You need to prepare 2 of large tomatoes finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Garam Masala.
- You need to prepare 2 teaspoons of kashmiri chilli powder.
- You need to prepare 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric.
- Prepare to taste of salt.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of thick yoghurt.
- You need to prepare 1/2 cup of coconut milk.
- You need to prepare of for Biriyani Rice.
- Prepare 4 cups of basmati rice.
- You need to prepare 1 tablespoon of ghee.
- Prepare 8 of cardamom pods.
- You need to prepare 8 of cloves.
- You need to prepare 2 inches of cinnamon stick.
- You need to prepare 2 of bay leaves.
- You need to prepare 10 of peppercorns.
- You need to prepare 1 of star anise.
- You need to prepare to taste of Salt.
- You need to prepare of For Layering.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped coriander leaves.
- You need to prepare 1/2 cup of chopped mint leaves.
- You need to prepare 1/4 cup of cashews (roasted in ghee).
- Prepare 1/2 of juice of lemon.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Kewra water (essence of screw pine).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of fried onions.
- Prepare 5 of boiled eggs (cut in half).
- You need to prepare of Few stands of saffron soaked in milk.
- Prepare of as required dough made of all-purpose flour / whole wheat flour to seal the pot.
Malabari Chicken Biriyani instructions
- To start with the chicken curry, sauce onion in a frying pan till it turns light brown. Add green chillies, ginger-garlic paste and sauce till it blends well and is aromatic..
- Now add the mint and coriander leaves and mix well. Add tomatoes to this mixture and cook coved on low flame till it's all well incorporated. Add all the dry spices and mix well. Sautè for a few minutes for the spices to be well absorbed..
- Add yoghurt to this mixture and mix well. Now add the chicken pieces and sauce till all pieces are well coated in this mixture. Cooked covered on low flame till the chicken pieces are cooked. Finish the curry by adding coconut milk and mixing well..
- To prepare the rice, soak rice in cold water for 30 minutes and drain well. Pour ghee in a deep pan and sauce all the whole spices till aromatic. Add rice, salt and sautè well for a few minutes. This ensures that the rice doesn't turn out sticky. Add 4 cups of cold water. We want the rice to be almost cooked, not fully cooked. Cook the rice covered on low flame till it's fluffy and almost done.Pick out all the whole spices from the rice..
- Choose a wide container with a secure lid to layer the biriyani. Start layering the biriyani by putting a thin layer of rice, topped with an even layer of chicken curry. Add another layer of rice, topped with fried onions, mint, coriander, cashews. Repeat the process till the top layer. Garnish the top most layer of rice with mint, coriander, cashews, kewra, lemon juice. pour saffron milk on 1/2 cup of rice and to the top layer. Arrange the egg half on top, yolk side down..
- Seal the mouth of the lid with dough to make it air tight. Put in a preheated oven (350 degrees farheight).
Yummy of Malabari Chicken Biriyani
Many people consume Malabari Chicken Biriyani as a day meal or main food.
#How To Cook Malabari Chicken Biriyani, #Cooking Malabari Chicken Biriyani, #Simple Recipe Malabari Chicken Biriyani, #Simple direction Malabari Chicken Biriyani, #Homemade Malabari Chicken Biriyani, #Step by step cooking Malabari Chicken Biriyani, #Delicous Malabari Chicken Biriyani, #How To Make Malabari Chicken Biriyani, #Food Malabari Chicken Biriyani